krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
2024_Lexus_GX_Overtrail_007-scaled-1.jpg

Lexus has reinvented the GX with an all-new third-generation model that brings a chunky, off-road design that matches the vehicle’s capabilities. The GX 550 features a new 3.4L twin-turbo V6 producing 349 horsepower & 479 lb.-ft. of torque, with a hybrid option to follow.
Below is the full press release along with the entire official photo gallery.

First-ever Overtrail grade with standard 33-inch All-Terrain tires and 18-inch wheels
3.4L twin-turbo V6 produces 349 horsepower; 479 lb.-ft. of torque
Hybrid powertrain to come later
Standard Lexus Safety System+ 3.0 and Lexus Interface with 14-inch multimedia touchscreen
Up to 8,000 lbs. towing capacity

AUSTIN, Texas (June 8, 2023) – Elevating the adventure-ready SUV segment is not a task taken lightly, but the all-new 2024 Lexus GX is up to the challenge with an unparalleled combination of elegant features, offroad capability, and the...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions
THIS IS AMAZING. Good thing they showed this with that underwhelming TX. This knocked it out of the park in every way (minus no V8 - I had hopes).

Reactions
I've got mixed feelings about this one, mate. The car looks bloody brilliant, but I reckon this should be the design of the Land Cruiser Prado. A Lexus should be more refined and less hardcore, you know what I mean? Besides, the Land Cruiser name already carries a fair bit of weight and historical heritage that deserves a design language like this. I reckon the Land Cruiser name is more appealing than the Lexus name, and the company would have a lot more to gain by linking this design to the Land Cruiser instead of the GX. I genuinely hope the Land Cruiser Prado's design doesn't end up being plain and run-of-the-mill, mate. Cheers!

yiantony

Fan
Reactions
Lol I don't like the boxy exterior, not very Lexusy to me, but it's gonna sell, because Americans love everything that's off-roady and boxy.
However, it looks better than TX I have to say.

Reactions
I've got mixed feelings about this one, mate. The car looks bloody brilliant, but I reckon this should be the design of the Land Cruiser Prado. A Lexus should be more refined and less hardcore, you know what I mean? Besides, the Land Cruiser name already carries a fair bit of weight and historical heritage that deserves a design language like this. I reckon the Land Cruiser name is more appealing than the Lexus name, and the company would have a lot more to gain by linking this design to the Land Cruiser instead of the GX. I genuinely hope the Land Cruiser Prado's design doesn't end up being plain and run-of-the-mill, mate. Cheer

Sorry but am kinda confused by your comments

DOC4Lex

Fan
Reactions
I hope Lexus brings the GX to South Africa, the over-trail would be my pick since its focus off-roading.