Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
I like what everyone is saying here and I do hope the SUVs get revised and we get (perhaps two?) new ones to cover different segments, but let's just stop for a few seconds and realize that Lexus has basically become a SUV company at this point.

Where this effort for the IS? ES? LS? RC? LC? GS? Not to mention, not a single wagon either. A Lexus wagon either at the entry level or mid-level would do well.
The sedans, plus the UX and RZ are the toppers of days supply and factory incentives. in addition if we take the days supply as a measure of sucess, then Lexus IS series for example is doing good against the BBA products, trailing only the BMW 3.

imo, i think its lackluster sales (vs the Lexus Suvs/cuvs) and maybe Lexus doesnt put in effort when it sees it cant dominate a segment, that it has chosen to become the premium/Luxury Cuv And SUV king.

Last edited:

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
I like what everyone is saying here and I do hope the SUVs get revised and we get (perhaps two?) new ones to cover different segments, but let's just stop for a few seconds and realize that Lexus has basically become a SUV company at this point.

Where this effort for the IS? ES? LS? RC? LC? GS? Not to mention, not a single wagon either. A Lexus wagon either at the entry level or mid-level would do well.
I lament the lack of attention to sedans as well, but we must accept the fact that Lexus is merely catering to what the customers in its largest market -- North America -- are demanding. North Americans buy few sedans, far fewer than crossover and sport utility vehicles, and even fewer RWD mid-size sedans. North Americans buy few coupes and even fewer wagons.

Lexus, as a business, is not going to import and sell wagons and other low-demand vehicles here in North America; it is a guaranteed loss. No business can afford to continually sell products that they lose money on.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I think the LX is more world based particularly the middle east whereas the GX is more USA centered, thus the GX is turned more for our tastes. I also assume they learned quickly what they would like to see in the LX and put it in the GX. Finally I assume the LX will get many of these upgrades soon tho again since the GX is not sold in the ME, maybe it won’t change much.

We are taking 40-50k GX vs 4-5k LX in the states. Literally ten times the amount so the GX got the attention. For the most part they really nailed the GX. Would love massaging seats and the pano roof.

The LX still is in demand. I guess we will see what happens when GX launches. I certainly hope it’s not another case of ES/GS.

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
I think the LX is more world based particularly the middle east whereas the GX is more USA centered, thus the GX is turned more for our tastes. I also assume they learned quickly what they would like to see in the LX and put it in the GX. Finally I assume the LX will get many of these upgrades soon tho again since the GX is not sold in the ME, maybe it won’t change much.

We are taking 40-50k GX vs 4-5k LX in the states. Literally ten times the amount so the GX got the attention. For the most part they really nailed the GX. Would love massaging seats and the pano roof.

The LX still is in demand. I guess we will see what happens when GX launches. I certainly hope it’s not another case of ES/GS.
i never really thought it about that way, good point. On a similar tune range rover and the defender exist and they have no trouble attracting their target sales goals and then some. I hope that it works out similarly for the GX/LX.

Reactions
I was at an auto show two days ago and I was speaking to the Lexus marketing guys and they mentioned that the LX should have some upgrades for the 2025 model year (pano sunroof, some upgrades to the chassis, and a more spruced up interior. I'm not sure how true this is though.

As for the hybrid, I asked... they had nothing...

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I believe the middle east is the highest volume market for the LX, right?

If so, I'm curious if buyers there have any feelings or opinions about the interior, or if they just don't care because they want the luxury Land Cruiser 300 regardless?

mikeavelli

Reactions
I believe the middle east is the highest volume market for the LX, right?

If so, I'm curious if buyers there have any feelings or opinions about the interior, or if they just don't care because they want the luxury Land Cruiser 300 regardless?

We have a couple guys here. From what I’ve talked about and translated it seems there is a high level of loyalty to Lexus & Toyota. I’ve had some private messages (for years tbh) the LX interior isn’t great and how now that new QX80 destroys it. I then look at some IG accounts comparing the two and the majority of replies still choose the LX.

Tho i’m sure they wouldn’t mind the features the GX offers and some of the competition.

I’ve seen 20k sales a year for the LX in the ME… 5 times the amount here….

mikeavelli

Reactions
i never really thought it about that way, good point. On a similar tune range rover and the defender exist and they have no trouble attracting their target sales goals and then some. I hope that it works out similarly for the GX/LX.

Now it makes a ton of sense why we didn’t get the LC 300. Would not have fit anywhwre here. LC 250 makes a ton of sense now.

My personal thoughts, maybe we get a larger LX more Sequoa sized next time around. Middle east get the GX. LX now has more room to breathe.

Again what worries me is what happened to the GS when the ES got too good looking lol.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I was at an auto show two days ago and I was speaking to the Lexus marketing guys and they mentioned that the LX should have some upgrades for the 2025 model year (pano sunroof, some upgrades to the chassis, and a more spruced up interior. I'm not sure how true this is though.

As for the hybrid, I asked... they had nothing...

I think 2025 is early for an LX MMC or maybe not.

Kinda related the 2025 G 550 now has a turbo 6 mild hybrid. The G63 continues with the V-8 and mild hybrid.

Reactions
I'm curious if buyers there have any feelings or opinions about the interior
Yes. For one I think the 300-series has a better designed interior. From the instrument cluster to the infotainment screen, it is a better implementation although the software is a little dated which should be brought up to date this year when the LC (and LX) get refreshed. The LX gets better materials (and interior colors) for sure and feels a bit airier as the LC's interior is more cocooned around the driver. A lot of people are asking for more features in line with the competition. Infiniti has absolutely killed it in this regard with the QX80 and I hope they are rewarded for it.
I think 2025 is early for an LX MMC or maybe not.
It's coming this year alongside the hybrid.

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions
Now it makes a ton of sense why we didn’t get the LC 300. Would not have fit anywhwre here. LC 250 makes a ton of sense now.

My personal thoughts, maybe we get a larger LX more Sequoa sized next time around. Middle east get the GX. LX now has more room to breathe.

Again what worries me is what happened to the GS when the ES got too good looking lol.
With (almost) all the facts now known, Toyota made the right financial choice not bringing the LC300 over and instead bringing the LC250. They are way more successful in the mid-size BOF arena they're playing in than the full size one.

If they brought the LC300 over, we wouldn't have the Toyota LC250. We'd still have a GX getting 40-50k sales and the 4Runner with 150k(idk the actual #s), but an LC300 would pull in somewhere around 3k a year, maybe a tad more because LC300 is a much more competitive product than last gen IMO.

Next LX being Sequoia sized would great for the top end of the brand. Leaves the US without a 300 series but maybe nobody cares about that. 250 kinda fills that role.
There are still folks that would've bought a Toyota 300 series though🖐.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
TX almost seems over-spec'ed and under-spec'ed at the same time. Base 350 is fine, but the 500h is only available as F SPORT and the 550h+ is too expensive, lacks expected features like a sunroof, and has a very basic interior that works for the $55-65k TX 350, but isn't appropriate or luxurious enough above that price point. Lexus seems to refer to TX 550h+ as a CUV flagship but not even a wood/leather steering wheel on the Luxury models, or a little extra trim on the doors and dash...? TX 500h Luxury with a wood/leather steering wheel and some extra trim on the doors and dash would be a great core model in the lineup.
I think the TX was originally designed when Acura/Infiniti were still relevant and it was supposed to compete against MDX/QX60. Sort of like RX-L but better optimized. But then Lexus realized it has much stronger pricing power and could potentially tap into the Q7/X7 market so the TX became much more ambitious than it originally was.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
One thing to say: Don't underestimate the power of having grown up seeing things like the LX as a status symbol from the outside.
I'm sure there is a generation of now-adults who finally want their own, and they're not going to get hung up over a few details.
You see it a lot with people who come from the middle east here and immediately go splurge on a new Camry. Those cars are often more expensive (even used) in some of these (sometimes sanctioned) markets, and considered attainable status symbols.

The catch is you have to keep giving the next generation a reason to care.

Kelvin2020

Follower
Reactions
One thing to say: Don't underestimate the power of having grown up seeing things like the LX as a status symbol from the outside.
I'm sure there is a generation of now-adults who finally want their own, and they're not going to get hung up over a few details.
You see it a lot with people who come from the middle east here and immediately go splurge on a new Camry. Those cars are often more expensive (even used) in some of these (sometimes sanctioned) markets, and considered attainable status symbols.

You are right, especially in some countries like China people look at LX (also the LM) as a status vehicle.

mikeavelli

Reactions

So true. In two years I’ve seen maybe ten total nationwide. So rare and cool. People are always curious about the 600. It’s a major reason to go with over the GX which will be much more popular. If that sort of thing is important.

It’s wild to see more G63s than LX’s.