internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Just make it worthy of an AMG, S, M badged competitor and l am sure there will be a lot of takers.

People buying cars that aren't European aren't as ignorant as those buying the new FWD biased vehicles just to be brand snobs.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Just make it worthy of an AMG, S, M badged competitor and l am sure there will be a lot of takers.

People buying cars that aren't European aren't as ignorant as those buying the new FWD biased vehicles just to be brand snobs.
I'm excited but how could it be worthy of AMG, S, or M? This is just going to be an F Sport model right? I mean hell our full F's couldn't really compete with AMG or M (S I think they were on par but not the RS).

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I think it could be an IS 500 F-Sport with the 3.5L TTV6 to compete with the M340i, S4 and C43. I doubt they would put a special engine like the 5.0L V8 in an F-Sport model. I also think it won't simply be an engine transplant only, it will probably have some handling upgrades and maybe even larger brakes.

Another possibility is that it's an RX. The RX is Lexus' most popular model, and a good amount of the RX's I've seen on the road were F-Sports. So I think it would make more sense financially for Lexus to make a sportier version of their best selling model. The GLC43, SQ5 and X3 M40i are also pretty good-selling vehicles.

didnt they share V8 engine cover? It will be 5.0L V8.

Options are great.

With germans, you can buy just a seats from S-Line, leave everything else stock.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
I'm excited but how could it be worthy of AMG, S, or M? This is just going to be an F Sport model right? I mean hell our full F's couldn't really compete with AMG or M (S I think they were on par but not the RS).
I didn't mean the full fledged high-end vehicles from Mercedes, Audi or BMW. The mid-level performance trims are also slapped with AMG, S and M badges, aren't they?

yiantony

Fan
Reactions
I sure hope that would be a different engine. The 5.0L V8 sounds great but is definitely too slow compared to its competitors.

Reactions
i'd love it to be a detuned V8 and make it cheaper ....i'm probably the only person in the planet to complain that the V8 in the RCF has too much power for street driving. can't really wring it out without speeding like crazy. like 0.5 seconds of aural thrills.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I mean people asked for F-Sport to have more performance. And Lexus IS saying that is coming,

To me it doesn’t matter what they debut, some people are going to complain no matter what it’s called. I’m reading all the comments online and my god some people need hugs.

Reactions
i think since the name will be IS500 it has to be a 5.0 V8, I mean the 250 is a 2.5 liter and the 350 is a 3.5 so going off of that it should be a 5 liter.

Reactions
But the LS 500 is 3.5 TTV6
So my guess is IS500 uses TTV6 and the new IS F coming this November will have 5.0. V8

that is true so they could go with the 500 platform and do that or go off the IS platform and follow the numbers. either way I'm happy lol