krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
2021-02-20-lexus-second-teaser.jpg

Lexus has shared another early look at their next vehicle launch with Lexus Enthusiast, giving us a second teaser before any other media outlets. Before we dig deeper, let’s recap our thoughts on the first teaser from last week:
2021-02-14-lexus-f-sport-teaser.jpg

There are certainly no rules in regards to engine cover design, and there’s every possibility of a new powertrain lurking under this plastic shield. However, for the sake of analysis, let’s assume the V8 is the engine. The major difference is the logo — instead of the stylized F of the Lexus high-performance F brand, this new vehicle will be released as an F SPORT product.
The LC 500 is the only existing model to have the V8 and not offer a F SPORT option, but it feels too late in the...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Will1991

Reactions
If it’s selling well with “only” a V6, it will now have a waiting list for it, the last V8 compact sports sedan (given Mercedes is turning to 4 cilindres only).
This also makes me wonder... If this is a F Sport, perhaps the trademarked IS500, can we get down the line the (also) rumored IS F with a turbo V6 or turbo V8?
Turning this engine into a non-F product clearly sends a message, a F needs more performance.

And a shoutout to Lexus, for recognizing this amazing community with this honor of being the firsts to publish it!

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
They named IS500 F-sport likely not to 'dilute' the F brand like the '43' AMGs. Instead like the more subtle M340i type of naming by BMW.

"Lexus has shared an early look of their next vehicle launch with Lexus Enthusiast, giving us an advance teaser before any other media outlets."

Wow the influence of this site is incredible!

mikeavelli

Reactions
Along with the Lexus Enthusiast, I was also given the image to share on my channels. It’s great to see Lexus trust us. I’m really enthused on what I’m hearing. My speculation is below. I opened the hood of the IS 350 F-Sport to see how much space is there.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
I think it could be an IS 500 F-Sport with the 3.5L TTV6 to compete with the M340i, S4 and C43. I doubt they would put a special engine like the 5.0L V8 in an F-Sport model. I also think it won't simply be an engine transplant only, it will probably have some handling upgrades and maybe even larger brakes.

Another possibility is that it's an RX. The RX is Lexus' most popular model, and a good amount of the RX's I've seen on the road were F-Sports. So I think it would make more sense financially for Lexus to make a sportier version of their best selling model. The GLC43, SQ5 and X3 M40i are also pretty good-selling vehicles.

Last edited:

Jonas

Fan
Reactions
I think it could be an IS 500 F-Sport with the 3.5L TTV6 to compete with the M340i, S4 and C43. I doubt they would put a special engine like the 5.0L V8 in an F-Sport model. I also think it won't simply be an engine transplant only, it will probably have some handling upgrades and maybe even larger brakes.

Another possibility is that it's an RX. The RX is Lexus' most popular model, and a good amount of the RX's I've seen on the road were F-Sports. So I think it would make more sense financially for Lexus to make a sportier version of their best selling model. The GLC43, SQ5 and X3 M40i are also pretty good-selling vehicles.
If itˋs a more powerful RX I will place an order immediately!

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
I thought they said a new F sport model

We have F sport in

UX
NX
RX
IS
RC
LS

Either it's for a brand new model, or a new generation from above or variant of the
GX
LX
LC

As those don't have F sport variant