James

Founding Member
Reactions
If it has the V8 why not make it a full F? It looks like a Full F...it looks great tho! Give them a lot of credit!

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
472hp, naturally aspirated V8. Curb weight under 3,900lbs.

It won't look as good as the LC 500 or have the flamboyance of the F-badged RC F, but on paper, this car is an absolute killer and will probably be the highest performing Lexus since the LFA.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
I understand why it didn't get the IS F badge, it wouldn't be able to compete performance-wise with the rapidly evolving German rivals which are in a different league already. The IS 500 falls into perfect competition with other mid-performance sedans like the M340i, C43, S4, TLX Type-S, etc.

I wonder what the next addition to the new "F Sport Performance" lineup will be. My bet is an RX.

Also, does this mean no F model for the 3IS? The only more powerful engine (500hp+) that could maybe be put in the IS is a single turbo version of the 4.0L TTV8 that Lexus is reportedly developing, but even with all that power the body is too heavy.

Will1991

Reactions
This raised hood just killed me:

Lexus-IS500-extstyling1-desktop-1440x800-LEX-ISG-MY22-0059_M85.jpg

Such a beautifull execution of a sports sedan! Congratulations Lexus!

Reactions
Guys someone mentioned in Reddit that this would trounce the Acura TLX Type-S.

I can't believe I totally forgot about that car. The IS500 will most definitely crush the Acura and that makes me feel sad for Acura who were doing so much hard work to get where they are now.

I am now happy with the IS. This is a car only now that's worth more than the Acura TLX overall.

Last edited:

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
472hp, naturally aspirated V8. Curb weight under 3,900lbs.

It won't look as good as the LC 500 or have the flamboyance of the F-badged RC F, but on paper, this car is an absolute killer and will probably be the highest performing Lexus since the LFA.

RCF's official curb weight is 3900 lbs right now on Lexus site so it will be similar in weight. I don't think it will be as light as the TE. More importantly, did they say what they did to the chassis and suspension? What is the starting price on it?

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
RCF's official curb weight is 3900 lbs right now on Lexus site so it will be similar in weight. I don't think it will be as light as the TE. More importantly, did they say what they did to the chassis and suspension? What is the starting price on it?
The F-Sport Performance line is "F-Sport with more powerful engine" without the expensive high tech F stuff. So yes your RC-F will still sit on top of the IS500 F-sport Performance.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
I am a little concerned with the possibility of the prestige of this crazy V8-powered beast being diluted because of "plebian" models like the UX that have the exact same badge yet only have little more than an appearance package added on.

They should've at least put a little 'PERFORMANCE' text at the bottom to distinguish it from the everyday soccer mom RX.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
The F-Sport Performance line is "F-Sport with more powerful engine" without the expensive high tech F stuff. So yes your RC-F will still sit on top of the IS500 F-sport Performance.

Yeah, I would have loved to see a full blown ISF, but yeah it would be outclassed by the new gen M4/M3 (as is my RCF as it is a 7 year old design). Still great news and happy for it.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Guys someone mentioned in Reddit that this would trounce the Acura TLX Type-S.

I can't believe I totally forgot about that car. The IS500 will most definitely crush the Acura and that makes me feel sad for Acura who were doing so much hard work to get where they are now.

I am now happy with the IS. This is a car now that's worth more than the Acura TLX overall.

In Canada, the Type S with PDI is just $60k CAD haha. I am thinking this Lexus in Canada will be $75k.

It used to say high $50's but got changed to this:

Estimated Selling Price around $60,000*

*Estimated Selling Price includes freight, PDI, levies & fees. Applicable taxes, license and registration are extra. Final pricing will be confirmed closer to launch and may be slightly higher or lower.

Last edited:

James

Founding Member
Reactions
I think truly that Lexus did a good job with this. I think their biggest mistake is how long it took to come out. I think this should have been right away when they did the face lift (nick picking here). The only other question I have it why not make it AWD? I know the S4 is AWD are the M340i and C43 AWD as well? We always want the nice RWD but to be honest with all this damn snow this year AWDs are growing on me lol

Reactions: GNS

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
The iS500 will not compete with M3 or C63s but the M340i and C43 are it’s natural competition. Those are the reviews we are expecting. I would still get the RC F track edition or LC 500 convertible

Yeah. it would be an overkill for the TL Type S and would not even be a comparison. However, I agree my RCF is here to stay. Not going anywhere. Just love everything about it despite the fact I wanted 4-doors originally because of two little kids, but Lexus came out with GSF that was too big for me. Now, they have exactly what I wanted, my RCF in 4 years has been absolutely phenomenal and I have a quite a few mods on it to make it even better.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
I think truly that Lexus did a good job with this. I think their biggest mistake is how long it took to come out. I think this should have been right away when they did the face lift (nick picking here). The only other question I have it why not make it AWD? I know the S4 is AWD are the M340i and C43 AWD as well? We always want the nice RWD but to be honest with all this damn snow this year AWDs are growing on me lol

The powertrain 2UR only was designed for RWD. That is why I was thinking it would be 3.5 Liter V6 TT since it opens up the door for AWD.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
An IS350 F-Sport is already $60,000+ in Canada so the IS500 F-Sport would easily be close to $78 - 80K considering RCF starts at around $89K here.

In Canada, the Type S with PDI is just $60k CAD haha. I am thinking this Lexus in Canada will be $75k.

It used to say high $50's but got changed to this:

Estimated Selling Price around $60,000*

*Estimated Selling Price includes freight, PDI, levies & fees. Applicable taxes, license and registration are extra. Final pricing will be confirmed closer to launch and may be slightly higher or lower.