Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
Looking at acquiring an 500, upon the maintenance history and talking to the owner he mentioned that the front bumper falls out/separates from car. They mentioned the L-SB-0010-24 /zip tie and epoxy was done, but the other side is starting to do the same. Does Lexus replace the bumper at a certain point or just keep on doing the LSB until the car runs out of warranty?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Looking at acquiring an 500, upon the maintenance history and talking to the owner he mentioned that the front bumper falls out/separates from car. They mentioned the L-SB-0010-24 /zip tie and epoxy was done, but the other side is starting to do the same. Does Lexus replace the bumper at a certain point or just keep on doing the LSB until the car runs out of warranty?

Right now the bumper issue is kind of up in the air - it's also happening to some IS 350 F SPORTs as well. I think the fix was just rolled out but a mix of zip ties and epoxy doesn't sound very stable to me, personally.

If you haven't joined two IS 500 groups on facebook, they're pretty helpful for this sort of thing.

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
Right now the bumper issue is kind of up in the air - it's also happening to some IS 350 F SPORTs as well. I think the fix was just rolled out but a mix of zip ties and epoxy doesn't sound very stable to me, personally.

If you haven't joined two IS 500 groups on facebook, they're pretty helpful for this sort of thing.
Thank you, I will look into it. On my previous owned since new GX460s i had a similar issue with front bumper separation, and the servicing dealers and Lexus basically shrugged it off as something they had never seen but the community had an ongoing thread about this. Nowdays I try to do a fitment check before driving off the lot, but thought the bumper issue was a one off GX thing.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Thank you, I will look into it. On my previous owned since new GX460s i had a similar issue with front bumper separation, and the servicing dealers and Lexus basically shrugged it off as something they had never seen but the community had an ongoing thread about this. Nowdays I try to do a fitment check before driving off the lot, but thought the bumper issue was a one off GX thing.

Hey, had my hand in the TSB… it’s so random because none of the cars I’ve had or built have it but I have seen it on other cars. It’s still early to see if the fix is permanent but I’m sure Lexus doesn’t want repeat upset people.

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
Hey, had my hand in the TSB… it’s so random because none of the cars I’ve had or built have it but I have seen it on other cars. It’s still early to see if the fix is permanent but I’m sure Lexus doesn’t want repeat upset people.
Nice to be able to interact with a person directly involved with the TSB. Was a root cause ever found on what seems to be causing the issue? I ask since the bumper seems to mate with the fender with a similar plastic piece/panel the GX has had when i was dealing with the similar issue.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Nice to be able to interact with a person directly involved with the TSB. Was a root cause ever found on what seems to be causing the issue? I ask since the bumper seems to mate with the fender with a similar plastic piece/panel the GX has had when i was dealing with the similar issue.

I would have to go through the FB group to see all the follow ups written. I can’t recall right now.