bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
With the IS 500 going on sale soon, do you think it will affect the used market value of the IS F?

Will1991

Reactions
In my opinion IS F will go up in price, even more if Lexus does improve on future F products.

It's going to be a classic for several reasons:

The first F product
Amazing design, with a sport-car look enhancing all the classic 2IS design
V8 compact sports sedan
World first 8 speed gearbox
It's not as common as the competition

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
In my opinion IS F will go up in price, even more if Lexus does improve on future F products.

It's going to be a classic for several reasons:

The first F product
Amazing design, with a sport-car look enhancing all the classic 2IS design
V8 compact sports sedan
World first 8 speed gearbox
It's not as common as the competition
Those are great points. However, I can see the current owners of the IS F trading in their car for the IS 500 especially with the current used market condition which is in favor of sellers. Currently, most of the 2011 IS F on the market are going for around 41K. that's a good trade-in value especially if the IS 500 price stays around 60K.

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
Those are great points. However, I can see the current owners of the IS F trading in their car for the IS 500 especially with the current used market condition which is in favor of sellers. Currently, most of the 2011 IS F on the market are going for around 41K. that's a good trade-in value especially if the IS 500 price stays around 60K.

Many current IS F owners bought their cars in the pre-owned market so they're trying to stay within a certain price point. But for those who want the latest tech and better driving dynamics, this will be the winner!

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I didn't like the wheels much in pics, but I have to say that in person, they're one of my favorite parts about the car. Was not expecting to, but I really like them.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Maybe I just need to see it! Alright I need to reach out to my dealer lol

In person, the rear wheels are slightly concave which looks really nice. The fronts are more... flat? There's something about the way the wheel looks in person that is a lot more 3D than I can capture on photos. All I can say is I didn't like them in pictures either, but really like the wheel in person.

You really have to scrutinize the details and shapes, but you can see what I mean here:

IMG_3905.JPG

IMG_3919.jpg

Reactions

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Something about this angle made it click for me. I love the wheel because it gives me a bit of an E39 M5 throwback vibe in person. Not sure if you all can see the same thing in the photo that I see in person.

Attachments

• 20847C73-BF93-4881-987F-C51C7B3E98B7.jpeg
    20847C73-BF93-4881-987F-C51C7B3E98B7.jpeg
    493.6 KB · Views: 26

shoeboy4

Fan
Reactions
They remind me of the wheels from the later years on the IS-F just tweaked somewhat with the spokes off the sides of the flower looking part being straight and centered instead of coming off the side of the petal part as well as the flower part being extended to the rim edge. I personally prefer them to the blacked out BBS

Attachments

• lexus-isf-wheels-74246-b.jpg
    lexus-isf-wheels-74246-b.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 0

mikeavelli

Reactions
With the IS 500 going on sale soon, do you think it will affect the used market value of the IS F?

No, the vast majority of current owners bought it at 25-30k. That’s barely a new Corolla. They are not in the market. There are a couple guys that told me they are but they are a different IS F owner. What I’ve seen is most talking crap about the 500. It’s sad.

IS F values have held and raised. Pristine rare examples can hit 45-60k. But most are beat up 2008 models with over 100k miles. And it was amazing back then and still cool today but no one really compares a new car with a 7-13 year old car.

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
For you guys in SoCal, here's an opportunity to see the 2022 IS 500 F SPORT Performance Launch Edition (0 of 500) in-person inside the new Lexus IS Pop-Up Experience.
  • New Lexus IS Pop-Up Experience @ Fashion Island®
  • Suite 929 (main floor towards the Nordstrom & Urban Outfitter's side)
  • (949) 287-6501
  • August 18 to September 4, 2021

060421IS500-056-XS.jpg

060421IS500-01-XS.jpg

IS Pop Up.jpg

More info:
https://www.shopirvinecompany.com/centers/newport-beach/fashion-island/lexus-is

Video:

GNS

Follower
Reactions
Something about this angle made it click for me. I love the wheel because it gives me a bit of an E39 M5 throwback vibe in person. Not sure if you all can see the same thing in the photo that I see in person.

You're right, it made it click for me as well. I didn't like the wheels as shown in the press release, but this pic and the Cloudburst Grey and the 3/4 view also changed my mind on it.