Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
IS 350 F SPORT Dynamic Handling Package > TLX Type-S at this point.

Also there's no dash in F SPORT. ;)

That is your own personal subjective opinion (as it is a Lexus forum so it is expected). To many others, it may be the other way around. Seems like the reviewers have very positive things to say about it. There is no factual, conclusive data one can put forward to back it up.

Last edited:

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
That is your own personal subjective opinion (as it is a Lexus forum so it is expected). To many others, it may be the other way around. Seems like the reviewers have very positive things to say about it. There is no factual, conclusive data one can put forward to back it up.

It really will fall on how successful the sales are with the TLX Type-S. Acura used to create fantastic cars. Bring back the CL Type-S and TL Type-S. Bring back the Integra GS-R, Type-R and so on.

Last edited:

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
I heard a Lexus rep say, the IS500 is 2 inches longer at the front. Comparing the side profile, it does seem to be the case. The front looks longer so that makes it around 187 inches longer.

Lexus-IS500-LE-desktop-1440x800-LEX-ISG-MY22-0070%202_M85.jpg

2021-lexus-is_100791189_h.jpg

mikeavelli

Reactions
I heard a Lexus rep say, the IS500 is 2 inches longer at the front. Comparing the side profile, it does seem to be the case. The front looks longer so that makes it around 187 inches longer.

Lexus-IS500-LE-desktop-1440x800-LEX-ISG-MY22-0070%202_M85.jpg

2021-lexus-is_100791189_h.jpg

The only body changes are
1. Hood is different.
2. Rear diffuser is different
Related
3. Front brakes are different

mikeavelli

Reactions
This is the video I referenced. You can hear the Lexus official say hood has been raised 2 inches and the front is about 2 inches longer to make room for the V8 at 3:44.

Respectfully the car is the same length. Both 185 inches long. The only change up front is the hood is 2 inches taller. I’ve only driven the car, built one and measured pretty much everything about it.

If you look at my YouTube videos you will see the engine bay had PLENTY of room in the IS 350

I actually have a video of my 350 vs 500 side by side and the front is the same (I need to upload). Just the hood is different. Maybe the radiator was moved 2 inches but the length is the same.

You can do a Google search and see that the IS 350 and 500 are both 185 inches long.

i make mistakes in videos too, it’s a lot of information so one was made.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
We will have to wait and see till the official specs are released. There must be a reason why the Lexus official was saying the front end had to be extended 2 inches to make room for the radiator. While there might be some space in front of the radiator in an IS350, I think that space needs to be maintained (bumper and radiator).

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
We will have to wait and see till the official specs are released. There is reason why the Lexus official was saying the front end had to be extended 2 inches to make room for the radiator. While there might be some space in front of the radiator in an IS350, I think that space needs to be maintained (bumper and radiator).
The specs were released. I literally just said it. It’s 185” long. Unfortunately i think he meant the radiator is moved up as the front end is the same. Verified by the Motor Trend attachments.
C2F5571D-B3B5-4CF0-8999-8924D3F167C2.pngD59D9047-2044-4551-A737-BB010905CFB9.png

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
I believe those are MT standard estimates. They just used the IS350 dimensions. Lexus never put the dimensions in their official press release as I have read it many times. I would like to see those in the Lexus document, if I were to see them as valid. However, Lexus press release does seem to back what this Lexus official is saying. Both the bumper and fenders have been lengthened (as per Lexus).

"The IS 500 features subtle exterior enhancements to help set it apart from the standard IS 350 F SPORT. The hood has been raised nearly 2 inches and receives sculpted center character lines, while the front bumper and fenders have been lengthened to help accommodate the vehicle’s naturally aspirated V8 muscle. IS 500 will come standard with exclusive 19-inch split-10-spoke Enkei alloy wheels"

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions

Some hot lap video footage with Townsend Bell posted of the HQC track event at Eagles Canyon Raceway earlier today. Note how balanced the car is and Townsend's steering wheel position is during turns. Gotta love that new Lexus Driving Signature!

mikeavelli

Reactions

Some hot lap video footage with Townsend Bell posted of the HQC track event at Eagles Canyon Raceway earlier today. Note how balanced the car is and Townsend's steering wheel position is during turns. Gotta love that new Lexus Driving Signature!

At the event Townsend and I chat about the 500. This is just a normal convo, no one is selling anything. He said just that; how balanced the car was and how well it handled. He was amazing to watch as he gave hot laps all day.