Levi

Expert
Reactions
Guys, slowly, slowly!!! This is Lexus we are talking about. It will be the 2GR-FKE tuned to give an additional 2 hp!
that is not a new era but the same one.

i hope lexus disappoints by putting an old engine in it and no modern electric tech, plain simple 2ur-gse.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
that is not a new era but the same one.

i hope lexus disappoints by putting an old engine in it and no modern electric tech, plain simple 2ur-gse.

How it is old era if you can't buy it. I think it refers to f-sport models being available with power upgrades.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
I hate the though called Coupe SUV
They are neither coupe nor SUV nor having the capacity of a real CUV!

GoHuskers

Fan
Reactions
I love the idea of IS500 using the 3.5L V6 TT (~450hp and 400+ ft-tq) than the 5.0 V8. I don't know if the 3.5 or lighter than the 5.0 or Not but the tunability of the TT is potential. Maybe the return of the "new 2JZ" in the form of 3.5L V6.

Or perhaps Lexus will give us a 2.0L I4 Turbo with Battery - A new Era, eh?

Reactions
No one yet considered the possibility of a hybrid or all electric IS F-Sport. Again, they say "dawn of a new era". I keep going back to that. To me, that means there is a radical departure from how things were done previously.

This. Especially with the announcement of Direct4 this last December, it could well be a possibility of some sort of electrification and with the statement "A new era of F SPORT Performance vehicles is coming" we know it's going to be more than 1 model going forward. With the way the industry is going to PHEV and full electric, at least to me, it has to do something with e-drive.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
2021-02-21-lexus-is-500-rear.jpg

V8 power is coming back to the Lexus IS with the introduction of the IS 500 F SPORT sports sedan. A throwback to the now-classic IS F, the IS 500 features the same 5.0L 2UR V8, though now with 472 horsepower and 395 lb-ft of torque. According to the Lexus press release, this is just the first of a new line of F SPORT Performance vehicles.
Completing the powertrain is the same eight-speed automatic transmission from the standard IS model. At 3,891 pounds, the new upgrade adds just 143 pounds over the standard IS 350 F SPORT, leading to a 0-60 time of 4.5 seconds and an estimated 24 combined mpg.
2021-02-21-lexus-is-500-hero.jpg

As any fan of the IS F will recognize, the IS 500 will feature a quad exhaust system with dual stacked tail pipes.
2021-02-21-lexus-is-500-quad-exhaust.jpg

The IS 500...

Continue reading...