Reactions
Agree with almost everything except Lexus already said that from the 2021 IS onwards, F-Sport means higher power engine.

There will no longer be a situation of IS350 F-Sport and IS500 non F-Sport. It will probably mean IS300, IS350 F-sport only, IS500 F-Sport only. There will be no IS350 non F-Sport nor IS500 non F-Sport
didn't they also say they wouldn't be using the v8 in anything sub 90k or something to that effect

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
it is IS. the rear windows is 100% clear%.

i just don't see the ttv6 in it. we don't know what happens with the RC, if it gets extended facelift or leaves place to IS and LC for coupe choice.

RC and RCF still have 1 or 2 more years left. 2022 might be the last year. They refreshed RCF in 2020 with updates and added a TE. Theoretically, the new 2UR does not fit in the IS engine bay. RCF's engine bay has the same width as the GS, which is why it fits the 2UR barely. Also, the 2UR engine is expensive to produce so an IS F-Sport would not be priced that high considering it is supposed to be a volume seller like the 340i or TLX Type S with just more power and some some tweaks. Also, I believe it would have been called ISF and not F-Sport.

Last edited:
Reactions
FINALLY.

After YEARS of disappointment from Toyota/Lexus, it feels DAMN GOOD to know that tomorrow will put an end to that disappointment.

Regardless of powertrain, 2UR or not, Lexus is finally addressing the main issue with marketing F-Sport and that's great news.

Reactions
In my opinion the IS with the V8 is what Lexus needs. The GSF is too big and now discontinued. The RCF is a heavy non dynamic car with an old interior and dated now. I had an 09 ISF and loved it but was dropped in 2014 as you all know. The Supra hype is over now, Toyota sales are way up, so its seems like perfect timing. The new IS tweaks to exterior and exterior are very nice, and with the dynamic package it handles so much better. Stuff the V8 in there and I believe you got a winner, and I would bye one right away....Cant wait for the reveal tomorrow!

Reactions
Betting on V8. It is toyota's last hurrah before ICE r&d gets iced itself. Toyota is "pushing sports" car near ICE lifetime (which ends within 5-10 years) so they can be recognized as "see we had sports cars."
At min: 3.5 V6 TT to compete with ACura TLX
At Max: V8

Either way, win win.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
In my opinion the IS with the V8 is what Lexus needs. The GSF is too big and now discontinued. The RCF is a heavy non dynamic car with an old interior and dated now. I had an 09 ISF and loved it but was dropped in 2014 as you all know. The Supra hype is over now, Toyota sales are way up, so its seems like perfect timing. The new IS tweaks to exterior and exterior are very nice, and with the dynamic package it handles so much better. Stuff the V8 in there and I believe you got a winner, and I would bye one right away....Cant wait for the reveal tomorrow!

That is quite an erroneous statement. RCF pulled almost 1.00 G on the skidpad in tests. Its lap times average within 1 - 2% of that of an M4. Only the LFA managed a better than 1.00 g lateral grip number. Yes, it is heavy, but that is the price of the added chassis rigidity, suspension work and big brakes, cooling, wheels etc., but the IS500 in all likelihood would not be lighter given an IS350 F-Sport is already 3800+ lbs with RWD. Besides, the new M4/M3 are also 3900 - 4000 lbs.

Combined with the TE, it is most track oriented platform right now based on GT class homologation for racing. An IS F-Sport is not about to outhandle a much more premium priced RCF unless Lexus gives similar power, suspension, big brake kit, TVD and chassis rigidity. At which point, it is pretty much a full blown new gen ISF and not an F-Sport. An IS350 F-Sport is already around $56K. If we added all of the bells and whistles, it is easily going to be a base price around $70K for this new F-Sport model.

Last edited:

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
No one yet considered the possibility of a hybrid or all electric IS F-Sport. Again, they say "dawn of a new era". I keep going back to that. To me, that means there is a radical departure from how things were done previously.

This. I am secretly hoping for e drive empowered IS500. Downtuned V8 plus electric torque which I imagine they can map around driving feel better than they can forced induction.

I've been saying hybrid performance forever.

This whole thing started with a hybrid GS racecar. It's a natural evolution.

Why use an ES as the lone mule for it?

JJohn341

Fan
Reactions
No one yet considered the possibility of a hybrid or all electric IS F-Sport. Again, they say "dawn of a new era". I keep going back to that. To me, that means there is a radical departure from how things were done previously.

What if its the old LS600hl Hybrid System, Toyota still uses the system in century