flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
Updated:

"IS 500 uses the same eight-speed Sport Direct Shift automatic transmission with lockup torque converter found in the RC F."

Attachments

• PR Update IS 500.PNG
    PR Update IS 500.PNG
    37.6 KB · Views: 16
Reactions
Stop spreading fake news...LOL

View attachment 4671
2020 RC F & 2021 IS 350 F SPORT DHP

2021 IS 350 F SPORT
WHEELBASE (IN) 110.2
OVERALL LENGTH (IN) 185.4
OVERALL WIDTH (IN) 72.4
OVERALL HEIGHT (IN) 56.5
TRACK—FRONT/REAR (IN) 62.2/63.1 (62.0 w/Dynamic Handling Package)

2021 RC F
WHEELBASE (IN) 107.5
OVERALL LENGTH (IN) 185.4
OVERALL WIDTH (IN) 72.6
OVERALL HEIGHT (IN) 54.7
TRACK—FRONT/REAR (IN) 61.2/61.4

Source: Lexus USA
thanks for posting the pic - the updated RC-F is such a good looking car, the IS 500 will need to be 10k cheaper comparatively atleast for me to consider it over an RC-F.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
it should be possible to install that brace on an IS I think.

It is bolted to the chassis so the bolt-on points on the chassis are needed. If they are pre-drilled or the person wanting to put a chassis brace, might have to drill holes.

Reactions
it should be possible to install that brace on an IS I think.
I think the horizontal Yamaha damper fulfills that role in the IS500 and LC500. It might not be as rigid as the 10 point brace but it's probably lighter, easier to install and remove and it allows for the rear folding seats in the IS500.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
I think the horizontal Yamaha damper fulfills that role in the IS500 and LC500. It might not be as rigid as the 10 point brace but it's probably lighter, easier to install and remove and it allows for the rear folding seats in the IS500.

Correct. This 10-point brace is built to handle G-force induced torsion along the lateral and longitudinal axis. Even body control under upwards compression (say, crest on a race track). But, yeah on the downside it weighs quite a bit.

Last edited:

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Maybe in Canada...not here in the USA.

Here there are only loaded with options. No base models. For example, standard LSD RCF for $87K CAD and the carbon/TVD for around $96K CAD (equivalent model of that in the US is around $90K USD MSRP).

Last edited:

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Kirk Kreifels was there too? Hopefully Lexus will reward their loyal customer base, that were loyal even in times of hardships. Not that it is finished globally, but life goes on. I believe they will.

Looks like it was a great time with alot of positive hope at the event.

Excited for what is coming. Wohoo!

Last edited: