I lust for a Civic Type-R

mikeavelli

Reactions
Some of you likely are shocked to read those words :D but ever since I saw it, read about it and have driven it, I really REALLY like this car. For me it would be a really cool, fun Daily and something to take to car events. It also is reasonable at 35k and damn near comes with a OEM bodykit (the styling is super over the top) so it just needs wheels and a drop :D

It is shocking how large it is inside, the Civic is now huge. It also have a useable hatch and drop down seats.

Is anyone else a fan of the current one or not? I can't really explain it all, I just really like this car.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I have no seat time in one, but I agree the Type R is pretty wicked. It's got unapologetically Japanese styling that works (unlike other recent Honda efforts), and Honda certainly knows hot hatches.

Reactions
Not the biggest fan of the "look" but every owner and reviewer loves the way it drives (except Dougie D)...anyway, I think it still is a challenge to find one at MSRP. If anything, 18 or 19 inch wheels would be better performance wise (seen a lot of owners downsize from the 20s)

Reactions: CIF

TheNerdyPotato

Follower
Reactions
I dislike the way basically all modern Hondas look, especially the Civics. However, it sounds like a blast to drive. Maybe it needs a "sleeper" body kit?

Reactions: CIF

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Too hard-edged and stiff-riding for my tastes. I like something soft, cushy, and relaxing....and my wide torso and rump simply can't take those hard, narrow, sharply-bolstered sport-seats.

Last edited:

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Sorry, but I think this Civic is very ugly and bad. Old Civics on the other hand were the best compact hatches ever made.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Old Civics on the other hand were the best compact hatches ever made.

Some would argue that that award goes to the third-generation Acura Integra, although the Integra, of course, was done on a Civic platform.

876667601.jpg

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
It's not pretty, but it has a real Japanimation look to it, like it's gonna transform into a robot or a jet fighter at any minute. As an 80s kid, I love that stuff. Mileage may vary :)