Hyundai Motor Group no No. 3 automaker in sales volume | More fires

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions

And seemingly every city is suing them too. Wild….

Sounds to me like a frivolous lawsuit....I wouldn't be surprised to see a judge or jury toss it. Insurance companies are in buisness to cover losses. That includes vehicles with and without immobilizers. Some of their own employees probably own and drive Hyundai and Kia products. Besides, some insurance companies already charge more on their premiums for vehicles without the immobilizers. Not only that, but there are currently no Federal Motor-Vehicle Standards that I know of that mandate any amount of theft-resistance beyond the original requirement, in 1970, for locking steering-columns/ignition/shift-levers, so Hyundai and Kia cannot be accused of being negligent or doing anything illegal.

Last edited:

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Locally they are warning owners and you can get a free club lol

In my area, police in local jurisdictions have been giving out those free steering-wheel clubs (as long a supplies last) to applicable Hyundai/Kia owners.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Looks like a 120 volt outlet (assuming it is in North America), which is a feature that more and more vehicles are offering. So it is nothing new.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
1689758975238.png
Don't know why Hyundai thought it would be a good idea to place the taillights so unusually low, looks so off. Also, this new Santa Fe looks like a Land Rover wannabe. Hyundai's design direction is just all over the place.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
It's hard to judge from that picture how low the taillights actually are. The whole thing looks vertically squished, like the render was done wrong, but there have been several actual cars in the last few years that look that way. The overall shape is definitely Land Rover but there are Toyota design cues too, notably the Taco/Tundra looking fender flares.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
It's hard to judge from that picture how low the taillights actually are. The whole thing looks vertically squished, like the render was done wrong, but there have been several actual cars in the last few years that look that way. The overall shape is definitely Land Rover but there are Toyota design cues too, notably the Taco/Tundra looking fender flares.
1689776524868.png
A much clearer angle here, still wacky looking.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
It looked like a trend was starting about 2 or 3 years ago in taillight styling of splitting the rear turn signal indicators from the rear combination lamps and placing them low down in the bumper. It seemed to start with Hyundai (the current Santa Fe comes to mind) and the current-generation Toyota Venza / Harrier has that also.

It did not seem to catch on, thankfully. It makes the turn signals difficult to see if you are following closely behind such a vehicle (in heavy traffic, for example).

I see some Ford Explorer in the side profile of the white rendering.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Go home Hyundai, you're drunk

EDIT: What a unique vehicle.

Hey guys lets go camping glamping in my Sante Fe.
No other lifestyle vehicle on the road has this many chromosomes.

1689780149196.png
1689780170846.png

Last edited: