Honda to unveil TrailSport for off-road focused trims

Reactions
They will compete against Ford's recently released Timberline trim for the Explorer and Hyundai's XRT package added to the Santa Fe, with both trims expected to migrate across the automakers’ rosters.
Definitely NOT competing with TRD Pro/Off Road

mikeavelli

Reactions
Smart because it’s trendy but lame AF. Not off road stuff at all. The aCuRa and Honda ads are truly misleading and to think people fall for it.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Its smart, and I think an avenue Toyota has dabbled with in the past and currently is slightly dipping their feet into with the Rav4 "adventure" and "trd offroad". @mikeavelli

The niche also exists with honda enthusiasts like this:

I would not be surprised to see a Toyota Highlander with an "offroad" label soon :)

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Crapping on the 4Runner for 17-18MPG in a Passport that has a roof box, lift, off-road tires, full size spare, etc,... I have a hard time believing he's getting much better than that, especially with his claim of 24-28MPG. Lol. There are just some things about the laws of physics that just don't add up with that.

"Overlanding" is different than driving dirt roads, but I guess that's the difference between how Honda and Toyota people talk about driving off paved roads 🤣