Hilarious incident today

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Today, on a very nice warm and sunny day, I decided to take my RCF out to run some errands. While standing at a crossing, I saw about 8 boys and girls looked around grade 7 or grade 8 children passing in front of me.

As soon as they got in front of me as I was waiting, they all started doing hilarious antics together. Some clutching their chest and screaming like they were having a heart attack while others just pointing at my car and giving me thumbs up. Some kids were yelling some stuff, which I could not figure out. I smiled at them and gave them a wave and thumbs up. Even when I was pulling away as soon as they finished crossing, I saw in the rear view mirrior they were looking at my car while doing funny antics.

I have never experienced anything like this so it was truly something special and this car is truly incredible. :thumbup:

Took a few pictures in the bright sun

rcf_outdoor_3_ee240d6781572549bb64361e17726baad2a9ad70.jpg

rcf_outdoor_2_118383a72ae3cd0dc6154b47288263873d54e3f1.jpg

RCF_Outdoor_1.jpg

RCF_Outdoor_5.jpg

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
The RC I think looks best in uncommon colors. The one here in orange looks fantastic, whereas I've largely been underwhelmed with examples I've seen in the "standard Lexus colors" (Ultra White, Obsidian, even Atomic Silver).

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
The RC I think looks best in uncommon colors. The one here in orange looks fantastic, whereas I've largely been underwhelmed with examples I've seen in the "standard Lexus colors" (Ultra White, Obsidian, even Atomic Silver).

Yeah, I was unsure about buying this color since it was too "look at me!" and . However, this car had everything on it, plus very low mileage (8000 miles) and I negotiated the price to well below market so I decided to buy it. Now, I really love the car and it truly makes it look special. It also really works well with the lines, contrasts (with the carbon fiber)

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions

Yeah, I was unsure about buying this color since it was too "look at me!" and . However, this car had everything on it, plus very low mileage (8000 miles) and I negotiated the price to well below market so I decided to buy it. Now, I really love the car and it truly makes it look special. It also really works well with the lines, contrasts (with the carbon fiber)

I asked for an RC F from the Canadian press fleet a couple years back, and they had me in an Orange model. I politely refused until they found something a little less vibrant. Ended up with USB, which seems tame compared.

After seeing your photos, I regret my decision. :)

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Tell me about it, Kevin. LOL

I was scared to buy this color. I was aiming to find a blue, grey or silver. But, everything else was so perfect about this car that I decided to "compromise" on the color. Now, I realize it was a great decision as it is quite possibly the most perfect color for this car. I am also getting used to the attention now. LOL

I asked for an RC F from the Canadian press fleet a couple years back, and they had me in an Orange model. I politely refused until they found something a little less vibrant. Ended up with USB, which seems tame compared.

After seeing your photos, I regret my decision. :)

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I asked for an RC F from the Canadian press fleet a couple years back, and they had me in an Orange model. I politely refused until they found something a little less vibrant.

I wonder if Faisal's car is *that* one. There can't be that many orange RC Fs in Canada, and 8000 miles sounds about right for a car coming off of press fleet duty.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
I wonder if Faisal's car is *that* one. There can't be that many orange RC Fs in Canada, and 8000 miles sounds about right for a car coming off of press fleet duty.

I bought it from a private seller who purchased it brand new from Lexus of Royal Oak and drove 8000 miles in 2 years since October of 2015. There was another orange exact same everything at Lexus Of Edmonton. I went to check it out and it was a demo model. Had curb rashes on all four wheels, cracked windshield and a bumper ding. Had 30,000 km on it. I decided to pass on that. Glad I did since I found this gem in perfect condition with only 8000 miles.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I bought it from a private seller who purchased it brand new from Lexus of Royal Oak and drove 8000 miles in 2 years since October of 2015. There was another orange exact same everything at Lexus Of Edmonton. I went to check it out and it was a demo model. Had curb rashes on all four wheels, cracked windshield and a bumper ding. Had 30,000 km on it. I decided to pass on that. Glad I did since I found this gem in perfect condition with only 8000 miles.

Wow, that was a great find!