Heated steering wheel

Reactions
My first winter with an IS350 and I notice the steering wheel only heats up on the two sides with the perforated leather is? Also, is there a setting for the wheel to heat automatically? Same with the seats ... No automatic setting? Lexus missed a few important design details.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
There should be an AUTO setting for the seats, usually it's right to one side of the OFF detent. 360-degree wheel heating and AUTO for the wheel heater are only in the newest cars - my '18 LS has both, for instance, but my '15 didn't.

Reactions
Thanks. Again, these were standard features on my '15 Infiniti Q50. The only setting I found for the seats is a timer setting but no 'auto' settings. I've been through all the settings a few times. Very surprising!

FearTheYu

Founding Member
Reactions
The IS350 does not have an auto setting for heated or ventilated seats. The Heated seats do however do have a built-in adjustment from 3 lights (max) and eventually down to 1 light (min) when it gets to max temp to prevent over heating.

FearTheYu

Founding Member
Reactions
Yeah, the 14 IS f-sport only had heated seats, and now 16+ had both heated and ventilated seats? Maybe 15' started to have both. Too many options/feature changes for me to keep up with sometimes. But an auto function like our higher end models may very well be an added one down the line or for future generations.