Headlights

Reactions
Does anyone have thoughts on the performance of the HIDs on the Second Gen. RX? About to get one.

Reactions: RAL

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I can't speak to the RX specifically from that time, but I had a GS at that time with the HIDs with the steering feature (the beams turned slightly into corners) and they were terrific. Great visibility. On a car that old now you'll want to make sure to keep the outer headlamp lenses clean and clear but the HIDs themselves should do well for you.

Reactions
I can't speak to the RX specifically from that time, but I had a GS at that time with the HIDs with the steering feature (the beams turned slightly into corners) and they were terrific. Great visibility. On a car that old now you'll want to make sure to keep the outer headlamp lenses clean and clear but the HIDs themselves should do well for you.

Good to know, thanks.

Rockville

Fan
Reactions
There are different headlights in different packages. The triple beam LED’s are the highest cost. Most of the production in the Eastern region will come with HID’s. They are very bright but have a horizontal shield to prevent glare to oncoming traffic. The Safety system plus includes auto high beam. Use it! It will lower the beams when it detects headlights, tail lights or street light over a thousand feet ahead.

Reactions
There are different headlights in different packages. The triple beam LED’s are the highest cost. Most of the production in the Eastern region will come with HID’s. They are very bright but have a horizontal shield to prevent glare to oncoming traffic. The Safety system plus includes auto high beam. Use it! It will lower the beams when it detects headlights, tail lights or street light over a thousand feet ahead.

Good to know, but I'm talking about a 2008 RX with the Premium Plus package, not the current 2016+ one.