Have Questions for Senior Lexus Executives at the Detroit Auto Show?

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-01-10-lexus-questions-pattern-400x200.jpg

We have scheduled interviews with Lexus International executive vice president Mark Templin and Lexus USA general manager Jeff Bracken, and want to give you an opportunity to ask some questions.
View the original article post

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
Why follow the Germans into inserting 4-cylinder turbo engines into everything from an IS to a GS? Some of us are more concerned with performance, RWD and a modicum of fuel economy, but not at the expense of power, displacement and engine smoothness. There is no place in my garage for a 4-cylinder engine, which worries me because my 2015 Lexus pair there now may be the last normally aspirated V6's you produce?

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
Why not use Superchargers on F models instead of Turbos?

Is there a plan for a RX F?

Is there any plan for a GS and/or IS based wagon?

Just in case the reveal tomorrow is an LC, when will an LC F be released and how much horsepower will it have?

Is there a plan for an IS F?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
FYI:
  • Lexus executives will not discuss future products. For the most part, questions regarding unreleased or rumored vehicles will not be asked.

Reactions
Although as a whole the spindle grill seems to work, don't they think that the spindle grill on some models like LX and RX are a bit too exaggerated?
Why there's no plug-in hybrid model in the lineup?
How are they going to expand in Europe and China?

Reactions
What is their US average selling price and profit margin? What percentage are leases?
btw Sorry for consecutive posts. How do you edit your posts here?

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
I second the why no plug-in hybrid question?

Also: Lexus is notably absent from India and Mexico. There have been reports over the years of Lexus possibly entering those markets. Then...silence. Could you update us on whether or not there are still plans to sell Lexus vehicles there?

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
The first generation CT is selling in decent numbers worldwide. Is Lexus satisfied/content with a single variation of the CT line?

I changed the second part of my question above. Not sure if Lexus will answer my original second part of my question above which I included below.

Would Lexus consider expanding the second generation CT line similar to how the first generation IS 300 was expanded into the IS 250/IS 350 in the second generation?

Lasse J. Nordvik

Follower
Reactions
I get the impression that sedans aren't quite as popular as they used to be and that cross overs are getting more and more popular. What are the general trends in body styles and how does this vary from one market to the next?

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
wow
i have a lot of crazy questions
firstly Akio Quotes
a) LEXUS = fun , TOYOTA = practicality
b) LFA next generation will be with the next generation of the people

Secondly my Questions
1) is this means no more FWD ? if yes what will happen to CT , ES , NX & RX ?
2) is there a smaller coupe than the RC to be based on the next generation TOYOTA 86 ?
3) will the next generation RC be dedicated as GS coupe or IS coupe more than it's a standalone as today ?
4) will the next generation RC , GS & IS share the structure with the next generation SUPRA or SUPRA will not even use the TNGA ?
5) why need another smaller car below the CT ?
6) where's the Turbo Hybrids ? (they always adv. that there Hybrids are fun to drive)
7) is the LC-F & LS-F will be based on LS650 TMG ?
8) will we even see LOTUS & LEXUS together ? (LOTUS Engines are just the 3.5l TOYOTA)
9) is there upper model over the LS as reported TOYOTA working on the next generation CENTURY so why the name didn't be under LEXUS as a Bentley Mulsanne rival ?

Hemi

Premium Member
Reactions
Is there a plan for ISF?

Anything he can say about the new LS.

Why there is no usage of turbocharged engines?

Black Dynamite

Follower
Reactions
I have a question.

The Lexus LS Hybrid was pretty much Lexus' first attempt at building a six-figure luxury car. What did Lexus learn from producing the Lexus LS600hL? What feedback on the car did you receive that can help you down the road?
BD

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
What is Lexus' future outlook for body-on-frame vs. unibody construction with SUVs and crossovers?

Does Lexus see a place in the lineup for a turbocharged V6 engine in the near future?

With the expansion of the F brand to the RC and GS model lines, what about Lexus' original F product - the IS F? Does Lexus see an opportunity for a second generation model?

Are there any industry segments where Lexus is not currently involved, and you'd like to see product in the future? What are they?

Last edited:

FearTheYu

Founding Member
Reactions
I would like to ask something about the additional power output in the IS350/RC350 engines. We've had those engines since 2006 with minor updates here and there. Or what is Lexus' stance on engine model life-cycle? Do we see an upcoming bump in power someday?

Perhaps something to that effect.

Alshamsi

Fan
Reactions
Just a simple question that i had for a while, why lexus cars are not an all LED cars yet ?
I mean it's 2016, and a while ago i saw the new LX in reverse, with the halogen reverse bulbs??