Greetings from Chicago!

Reactions
First off, thanks for having me!

I purchased a used 2007 RX 350 about 16 months ago and just love it. I couldn't afford a new car so I wanted to buy a car at a decent price with a proven reliability record and I took my time searching, over a year of searching for a well documented, terrific condition RX 350. It was April of 2017 when I located it. Lexi came to me with 80,000 miles on the clock and she has all the bells and whistles so far as I know, it's AWD and totally factory original. I have all documentation of the regular maintenance done, interestingly enough at the Lexus dealership 3 miles down the road from my home. The only option not included so far as I can determine is the upgraded Mark Levinson audio system.

Shortly after purchasing I took a drive out to Iowa and while I really enjoyed the drive it became apparent that the "premium" audio system was anything but. I found it to be atrocious and knew that I had to make some changes.

I didn't wish to spend a fortune and I didn't want to do any surgery on my car. I wanted to keep the interior looking stock and figured that the head unit wouldn't be removed. I opted to simply swap out all of the speakers and chose JBL Club series, 6x9's in the front doors, 6.5" in the rear, 3.5" in the dash and then I added a pair of Rockford Fosgate Prime series tweeters in the A pillars. The result has been well worth it. I'm not going to call this modest upgrade anything more than modest as I have heard some tremendous audio systems in vehicles over the past 3-4 decades, but it's a huge difference and I am completely satisfied. Everything dropped right in with the exception of the 6x9's which required a pair of adapter brackets that ran me $15.

I'm curious to know what other music lovers have done to upgrade their ride.View attachment 2944

Attachments

• 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 7
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 7
Reactions
Welcome @MrChiSox Thanks for introducing yourself. Beautiful ride!
Thank you RAL! To be fair it's not 100% blemish free but it's pretty close, just a few very minor scrapes on the front bumper which might buff out. It looks like maybe the previous owner got too close to some kind of bush or something.

Reactions
Thanks Gecko,

Back in the days of the RX 330, I worked for a construction management at the Lexus dealership that originally sold this RX 350. My company built their new service department. I fell in love with the 330 in this very color but about 3 years ago a woman who worked next door to our home came to work in an RX 350 that was white and I became kind of on the fence when I saw hers. I love the white color, too. In the end I chose what was available on a used lot because of condition, mileage and service history. I don't regret my choice.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Welcome! I grew up mostly around the Chicago area, and most of our extended family was in Dubuque, so I grew to love the drive on US-20 once you got west of Rockford and on through Galena and across the river. Gotta get back there sometime with my LS!

Last edited: