GM Opens New Factory Zero Plant in Detroit.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
GM Opens New Factory Zero Plant in Detroit.

GM, today, celebrated the opening of its New Factory Zero Plant, which is actually the former, but completely-refurbished Detroit-Hamtramck plant (where my former Lacrosse was built). It is GM's first plant dedicated solely to the production of BEV vehicles, The opening followed extensive negotiations with the UAW. The opening, not surprisingly, was accompanied by a jump in GM's stock price to its highest-ever levels.

While I personally am not the world's biggest fan of BEVs, my feeling is that if an American Corporation is going to commit to them, at least do it like this......in the U.S., with American plants, American labor, and an American Union.

Given the choice, I would have preferred my Encore GX to have been built in the U.S., but, at least, Buick builds the American-spec versions, with Union-labor, in South Korea, an ally of ours, instead of China.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/11...-zero-opening/

GM Stock Value Hits Record High With Factory Zero Opening​

• We are currently looking for experienced automotive journalists and editors to join our team. Make $60k-$80k per year doing what you love. We are also looking for an experienced web developer. See details here.
GM-Factory-Zero-Gallagher-Kaiser-paint-booth-video-003-720x340.jpeg

Sponsored Links​

GM stock value is on the rise today following the grand opening of the new GM Factory Zero plant in Detroit, the automaker’s first production facility exclusively devoted to assembling all-electric vehicles.

The GM Factory Zero plant, formerly known as Detroit-Hamtramck, is opening its doors following extensive renovations and $2.2 billion in investments from General Motors to build new all-electric vehicles at scale. The GM Factory Zero plant represents the largest single investment into a production facility in GM’s history. When fully operational, the facility is expected to employ more than 2,200 workers, roughly double the employees that worked at the facility prior to its retooling for EVs.

GM opened the Factory Zero facility today with plans to roll out the new 2022 GMC Hummer EV Pickup truck as the first model produced at the retooled plant. General Motors will also utilize the Factory Zero facility to produce Cruise Origin, GM’s fully autonomous ride-sharing EV, and the upcoming all-electric Chevy Silverado EV.

In the wake of rising GM stock prices, the automaker now approaches a $100 billion market valuation. The rising stock prices also follow investor enthusiasm for other all-electric vehicle producers, including Rivian, which had one of the biggest U.S. IPOs in history last week, topping out at market value of more than $100 billion. Rivian stock value was down for the day, falling more than 17 percent as of this writing after a dramatic rise last week.

To celebrate the opening of the new GM Factory Zero facility, General Motors CEO Mary Barrarang the NYSE opening bell from plant floor Wednesday morning. President Joe Biden is scheduled to tour the facility this afternoon.

GM Stock value previously hit a record high of $64 per share the second week of June, marking a new high for the “new GM” following a considerable rise in stock value in April driven primarily by the announcement of the all-electric Chevy Silverado EV.

DRIVING IS BELIEVING
boink.gif

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Anything for them pumps!

They also missed the LA autoshow to a degree (only ICEVs)