Geneva Motor Show 2020 canceled

Reactions

First time I've seen a show get canceled. Don't think Toyota/Lexus had anything significant to show this year

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
I've been obsessively immersed in this subject all week. Asked to write a preview of what to expect at Geneva for the Spanish-language Qué Auto Compro website, I found that there were actually 54 car brands hosting press conferences there. My curiosity piqued, I looked into each and every one, discarded one outfit that makes armored and stretched-limo Mercedes and wrote something about each one, then realizing that it would fall victim to TL;DR syndrome unless I divided it into 2 separate articles, which I did. Then, barely a couple of days later comes word of the cancellation, which led to another article reporting this that was way more in-depth than the other 2 Spanish-language ones I've read.

Lexus was just bringing the stuff it debuted at the Tokyo Motor Show and the Los Angeles Auto Show to Europe for their Continental premiere and the on-demand digital press conference thing they do when they have nothing truly new to show. Toyota had one global debut planned, for the TNGA-B Euro Yaris-derived crossover. Everything else is stuff that's been revealed before.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Wouldn't that Euro Yaris crossover be a good analogue for the potential sub-UX SUV that's been rumoured?

I actually really want to see what a Yaris crossover looks like. What're the chances they're using the frankensteined platform from the GR Yaris?

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
The refreshed E-Class may look better in person.

Introducing the all new, 2020 midsized amorphous grey luxury blob.

I just can't get excited for MB products outside the AMG cars and their flagship luxury products. It honestly wasn't always that way.

mikeavelli

Reactions
The E class was already as bland to look at as it gets. Amazingly they made it blander. Hell of an interior though.

My heart goes out to so many people involved with shows and hurting. I actually just had an aftermarket show be canceled.