GAAAK! I'D LOVE TO SEE MY TEXT MESSAGES ON INFOTAINMENT SCREEN!

Reactions
Hi y'all, I have a 2017 NX 200t, the F Sport 3. Does anyone know how to set up the onscreen system so that it shows incoming text messages? My son, who has an android phone, can do that when he's linked into my car with Bluetooth, but my Apple phone doesn't work for that. He thinks that it just won't work with Apple phones. I'm sure it's an option and I'd love to at least see it working. I appreciate any advice!

Reactions
It is possible but Apple leaves the function turned off by default (I'm assuming for privacy reasons). You first go to the bluetooth settings on your iPhone, then select the blue circle to the right of "Lexus NX Not Connected," and then select "Show Notifications."

Reactions
It is possible but Apple leaves the function turned off by default (I'm assuming for privacy reasons). You first go to the bluetooth settings on your iPhone, then select the blue circle to the right of "Lexus NX Not Connected," and then select "Show Notifications."
Well, sure enough, my iphone had the setting turned off, just like you suggested. So easy! I'll be trying it out right away in my car.
Hello, and thank you so much for replying to my question - I did what you suggested, and...it worked! After all these months, and even my tech-savvy 16 year old son couldn't figure it out, haha, let alone my husband, and I now have my text messages incoming on my screen while driving. I love it. Thank you again! Cheers, Lynn

Reactions
Woot! woot! Thank-you, Sand619, for the extra tip regarding replying to texts using Siri! I better comb through my manual (if it's even in there) to see what other marvels are available that I don't know about...it's nice to use all of the technology that's in these cars, heck, we paid for it after all, haha. BTW, you were right about my son having an android...LOL... :)