Forum Update: New User Levels

Reactions
I just notice that ES is listed below IS. ES is the cornerstone of Lexus brand. It is not only the best seller sedan since the inception, but never has lower ticket price than the entry price of IS, so far. I understand here is a enthusiast site, however the classes in Lexus lineup shouldn't be messed up at will.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I just notice that ES is listed below IS. ES is the cornerstone of Lexus brand. It is not only the best seller sedan since the inception, but never has lower ticket price than the entry price of IS, so far. I understand here is a enthusiast site, however the classes in Lexus lineup shouldn't be messed up at will.

A couple things:
  • The ES is not available in most markets, and was almost left off the list altogether.
  • The move to put the IS above the ES was strategic -- most members prefer the IS over the ES, and the whole point of the user levels is to encourage posting.
It's not ideal, but no solution is perfect. As I said, after a few months we will reassess the user levels and make changes as necessary. Your feedback is great!

mikeavelli

Reactions
Hi everyone thanks for the feedback but let us not get caught up too much in where cars are placed based on personal views and let it overshadow the new system. It's in place to reward you, the community member, and as KREW stated, we will eventually make changes as well this place changes :).

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Why is the ES picture two generations behind@

You'll have to ask the people that run the Lexus International website -- I pulled them directly from there. :D

Great idea but frankly speaking many of those cars look way too similar when their pictures are shrunk to such small sizes. Perhaps some variation in colors/angles/backgrounds?

After living with it a while, I definitely think this is a good suggestion. VERY hard to tell the models apart due to the size and color. I'll put some new badges together and see what everyone thinks.

Reactions: Joe

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
You'll have to ask the people that run the Lexus International website -- I pulled them directly from there. :D

After living with it a while, I definitely think this is a good suggestion. VERY hard to tell the models apart due to the size and color. I'll put some new badges together and see what everyone thinks.
I could take the same images and Photoshop different colors of you would like.

Reactions
hey,
can some one help me,i need official email from Lexus Europe, service care and costumer care, i have a complain to make referring to my dealer here in Skopje,Macedonia
Thanks
Darko Milevski

Reactions
Hello everyone,

As part of our major forum restructuring, we will be introducing a new user level ladder that accurately reflects our favorite brand. Replacing the typical New Member/Active Member/Well-Respected Member path will be the Lexus car lineup, ordered from entry-level to supercar:

CT - ES - IS - RC - GS - LC - LS - LFA

Make no mistake, it will not be easy for anyone to reach LFA status. In fact, no one on the site currently ranks higher than the RC level. Here's how the points structure will break down:

Points can be awarded for many different things, but the core is messages and likes:
Currently, there are three other achievements that will award points:
  • Upload an avatar: 5 Points
  • Become a Premium Member: 100 Points
  • Founding Member: 250 Points
New achievements will be added in the future, and points may be adjusted as the system matures. All changes will be posted well in advance.

Points don't just move you up the user level ladder -- you will receive a real-life award for every Coupe Level you reach (RC, LC, and LFA). The RC Level will be a free Lexus Enthusiast sticker, with the LC and LFA level awards to be announced at a later time.

As with everything on the Lexus Enthusiast forums, this is all open for discussion. Please share any questions or comments, and let's make this new structure as bulletproof as possible.

Let me know what you think!
View attachment 1265
Kevin Watts (@krew)
Founder, Lexus Enthusiast

Just wondering, are you going to add these again?