Forum Update: New User Levels

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Hello everyone,

As part of our major forum restructuring, we will be introducing a new user level ladder that accurately reflects our favorite brand. Replacing the typical New Member/Active Member/Well-Respected Member path will be the Lexus car lineup, ordered from entry-level to supercar:

CT - ES - IS - RC - GS - LC - LS - LFA

Make no mistake, it will not be easy for anyone to reach LFA status. In fact, no one on the site currently ranks higher than the RC level. Here's how the points structure will break down:

user-levels.jpg

Points can be awarded for many different things, but the core is messages and likes:

final-points.jpg
Currently, there are three other achievements that will award points:
  • Upload an avatar: 5 Points
  • Become a Premium Member: 100 Points
  • Founding Member: 250 Points
New achievements will be added in the future, and points may be adjusted as the system matures. All changes will be posted well in advance.

Points don't just move you up the user level ladder -- you will receive a real-life award for every Coupe Level you reach (RC, LC, and LFA). The RC Level will be a free Lexus Enthusiast sticker, with the LC and LFA level awards to be announced at a later time.

As with everything on the Lexus Enthusiast forums, this is all open for discussion. Please share any questions or comments, and let's make this new structure as bulletproof as possible.

Let me know what you think!
krew-sig.jpg
Kevin Watts (@krew)
Founder, Lexus Enthusiast

James

Founding Member
Reactions
I do have to say not that I don't like the list of cars but no RX in there?! Isn't that our most well known vehicle?! Lol still love the list just went back and looked and was like wow no RX. Haha

Reactions: RAL

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I do have to say not that I don't like the list of cars but no RX in there?! Isn't that our most well known vehicle?! Lol still love the list just went back and looked and was like wow no RX. Haha

We debated using the full lineup, but it's just too many vehicles. The car lineup was the perfect amount, so we went with that. I feel your pain, I would have liked to have both the GX and LX as options.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
We debated using the full lineup, but it's just too many vehicles. The car lineup was the perfect amount, so we went with that. I feel your pain, I would have liked to have both the GX and LX as options.
That makes sense what you did tho to just do all of the cars especially if it fits how you wanted to do the points. Can't wait to see the first LC user and then the LFA user!

Reactions: RAL

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
I know it's a new idea, but IMO it takes up a lot of space looking at a car on every single post. And for accuracy, mine should be Matador Red Mica. Of course I'm fine in ES and eventually IS but I'll have to leave the site after that because those are the only two cars I actually and currently own.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
B2D: I drove a CT as a Lexus Loaner once, it's not that bad. I do have a bad habit in hybrids of driving to control the energy meter like a video game though :)

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I know it's a new idea, but IMO it takes up a lot of space looking at a car on every single post.

My apologies to everyone looking at the forum on a mobile device -- forgot to hide the car on smaller devices.

Of course I'm fine in ES and eventually IS but I'll have to leave the site after that because those are the only two cars I actually and currently own.

Guess you'll just have to trade the ES & IS in for a RC & GS as you progress. :D

It is feasibly possible to be given choices at certain levels where you can select which avatar you can have?

That's definitely an option, though I guess that's what avatars are for.

I want SUV too.

Can someone give me a few points?
I really hate CT to be labeled as a Lexus! Don't want to stay in one at all, even just a forum thing.

I may add the SUVs in a later update, but the plan is to freeze the system for a while to see what works and what doesn't. I worry about adding another four levels, because it would likely push the LFA to over 25,000 points.

And what's wrong with the CT? :cold_sweat:

James

Founding Member
Reactions
My apologies to everyone looking at the forum on a mobile device -- forgot to hide the car on smaller devices.

Guess you'll just have to trade the ES & IS in for a RC & GS as you progress. :D

That's definitely an option, though I guess that's what avatars are for.

I may add the SUVs in a later update, but the plan is to freeze the system for a while to see what works and what doesn't. I worry about adding another four levels, because it would likely push the LFA to over 25,000 points.

And what's wrong with the CT? :cold_sweat:
Nothing is wrong with the CT! I think he forgot our leader of this amazing site owns one that's all. I agree if you add all of that the LFA would be extremely hard to get to however it's not like an LFA is easy to own! Also I normally just look on my phone and at first I was like its a little hard with all the cars and then you took it off and I was like where are the cars! Lol it is better on phones without it prolly.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Yeah it would have been really tough to add SUVs. Hopefully as things grow here, we can eventually add them. Its not a slight to Lexus SUVs at all, we just had to make a decision on what we felt was best.
I want SUV too.

Can someone give me a few points?
I really hate CT to be labeled as a Lexus! Don't want to stay in one at all, even just a forum thing.

The CT is very worthy of the Lexus label and I would get one in a heartbeat.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Btw is there anyone else on this site that like me while I'm at work or at home when I receive an email saying you have a response to a thread your watching you drop everything your doing and go look at who just wrote (or I guess typed) the new response?

Glenn Elliott

Premium Member
Reactions
Hello -
I'm new here. Just signed up and this was the first post that I've read. I'm thinking that the ISF and the RCF should be listed (since they are such special cars) and should have higher point levels than IS and RC. Just a thought.
I'm happy to be new to Lexus ownership and here on this forum.
Thank you,
GE

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Hello -
I'm new here. Just signed up and this was the first post that I've read. I'm thinking that the ISF and the RCF should be listed (since they are such special cars) and should have higher point levels than IS and RC. Just a thought.
I'm happy to be new to Lexus ownership and here on this forum.
Thank you,
GE
Welcome to the family!