Fords coming for Toyota's Lunch

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions

ford-europe-ev-teaser.jpg

Seems like Ford PR is taking out a a page from Nissan (remember the Nissan Reinvented page where they documented what vehicles are up next) and Toyota EV Day (outlined with actual products about their future).

Ford is hell bent, at least on paper/public opinion on becoming the first status quo to shift into EV mode it seems.
-Playing the Wallstreet game by dividing themselves into legacy and future EV.
-Push for more Tesla like sales model.
-Materials Costing, and weight reduction.

Competition is spicy and good for the end consumer.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Mach-E was an engineering piece of garbage and exposed Ford's incompetence in EV engineering. So it's only logical for them to share the most competent EV platform MEB.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Mach-E was an engineering piece of garbage and exposed Ford's incompetence in EV engineering. So it's only logical for them to share the most competent EV platform MEB.
Seems like a hot take. But you are correct on the thermal management system being a nightmare. However while costing the MachE the pecking order thus far has been:

Tesla

Ford
VW

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Need I remind you that you're sharing stuff about 2 car manufacturers with questionable moral compasses on a Lexus forum.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Need I remind you that you're sharing stuff about 2 car manufacturers with questionable moral compasses on a Lexus forum.
I don't follow what the moral compasses has to do with industry competition landscape in the EV sphere, especially on a Lexus forum subsection "For discussing all the other car brands".

But I'm happy to listen and discuss this further via dm.