Ford releases prices, now taking orders on the upcoming Ranger pickup.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Ford releases prices, now taking orders on the upcoming Ranger pickup.

Ford has released prices, and now has the Build-You-Own/Pricing configurator for the U.S.-spec Ranger....but they still have not completely updated (or released) the rest of the Ranger web site. Release in the U.S. is still scheduled for early next year, but, from what I understand, Ford is now taking pre-orders (and has been, for a little while). I suspect that there are at least a couple of you in the forum that might be interested in this truck, as we have not had a new Ranger in the American market for about seven or eight years. The last one in the American market was dropped in late 2011...a victim of a somewhat dated design and the fact that customers perceived the larger F-150 to be a lot more truck for only a little more money. That may not be the case with this generation of Ranger, though it has already been on sale (with right-hand-drive) in Australia for several years. Upon release, of course, it will go head-to-head with the Toyota Tacoma, Nissan Frontier, and the GM Colorado/Canyon twins.

One of my close friends, and an ex-co-worker, has been waiting for something from Ford to replace his old 2001 Explorer Sport-Trac (which was essentially a four-door Ranger with a short bed). His checkbook is ready (if he likes this one), and I think he may end up being one of the first Ranger customers.
wink.gif

https://shop.ford.com/build/ranger/#...RWD.44U.XL.%5D

2019_ford_ranger_18_1200x630_c_ar1_91_b98706abc40946c79271cd9e5015186d2f2e610f.jpg

06_2019_ford_ranger_naias_kbb_1b7cddeef51ab9b1147b6b8f43608d7e5404a745.jpg

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
I can't believe the Ranger has been gone from the American market for 7 or 8 years, man does the time go by very fast. In the U.S. the Tacoma has 40%-50% of the market share whereas the Colorado/Canyon has about 20% and the rest is the Frontier and Ridgeline.

Last edited:

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I can't believe the Ranger has been gone from the American market for 7 or 8 years, man does the time go by very fast. In the U.S. the Tacoma has 40%-50% of the market share whereas the Colorado/Canyon has about 20% and the rest is the Frontier and Ridgeline.

Yes...Thanks, I had forgotten about the Ridgeline. Many do not consider it a real truck, but I'm quite impressed with its car-like ride, handling, and overall comfort. Of course, the Dodge Ram 1500 also offers that.....on a real truck frame.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Also a newcomer to the compact pickup truck seen is the Jeep Gladiator. I saw one (grey) the other day in my home city and it looked good...

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Also a newcomer to the compact pickup truck seen is the Jeep Gladiator. I saw one (grey) the other day in my home city and it looked good...

Yes.....it's going to be interesting to see which one of them does better on the market. Both the Ford and Jeep nameplates have a LOT of fans.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
2021 Ford Ranger Gets New STX Special Edition Package For $995

With around 75 percent of Ford Ranger buyers choosing an appearance package for their rides this year, the Dearborn automaker has launched a new optional bundle of upgrades for the pickup truck, dubbed the STX Special Edition Package.

Available for the 2021 Ranger XL, with two- or four-wheel drive in the SuperCab and SuperCrew configurations, it is an enhancement to the Ranger STX Appearance Package that starts at $28,045 and adds visual upgrades and more gear, for a recommended retail price of $995.

Choosing the STX Special Edition Package will get you the black 18-inch wheels with machined-finished edges, as well as silver-painted interior accents and rear privacy glass. An 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, SiriusXM and AppLink, is also included, alongside the dual-zone climate control.

“STX has been a strong seller on the base Ranger, but we’ve heard from some customers who want even more style and more tech in their XL trucks,” said Chad Callander, the Ranger marketing manager. “STX Special Edition now gives those customers that added style with the added benefits of having a touchscreen with SYNC 3 – at an affordable cost.”

The new STX Special Edition joins the Black, Chrome Appearance and Sport Appearance packages. Furthermore, customers can also upgrade their trucks with the new Tremor Off-Road Package, which boosts the rock-crawling ability of the vehicle with a new suspension, elevated ground clearance, underbody protection and 17-inch wheels shod in 32-inch all-terrain tires from Continental, making it “the most off-road capable, factory-built Ranger ever offered in the U.S.”, according to Ford.

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/09/2021-ford-ranger-gets-new-stx-special-edition-package-for-995/

2021-ford-ranger-stx-special-edition-package-1.jpg

2021-ford-ranger-stx-special-edition-package-2.jpg