2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-11.jpg

2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-13.jpg

2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-16.jpg

2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-15.jpg

2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-8.jpg

Looks good.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I like the car itself, but I don't love calling it a Mustang (I've already seen enthusiasts griping that it's Ford's Cayenne; I imagine FoMoCo execs are dreaming that it's that successful). Taking the pricing and performance into account, it really ought to have been a Lincoln. That would give the brand a halo factor it lacks right now.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
I like the car itself, but I don't love calling it a Mustang (I've already seen enthusiasts griping that it's Ford's Cayenne; I imagine FoMoCo execs are dreaming that it's that successful). Taking the pricing and performance into account, it really ought to have been a Lincoln. That would give the brand a halo factor it lacks right now.

That was my sentiment about the original Chevrolet Volt: Taking the level of technology and its retail price into account, it should have been introduced as a Cadillac first, where acceptance of complex high-technology and higher retail price is higher (the halo factor), and even if sales are not that high, losses (selling for less than development costs) would have been less.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I saw on Twitter that Ford market research shows that people who aren't enthusiasts think of Mustang as a separate brand rather than a Ford, and from that perspective the branding for this makes somewhat more sense. I still think it should've been a Lincoln though. An EV would tie in perfectly with their current "Lincoln: it's serene!" TV ads.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Seen on Twitter: what the Mach-E would look like with a Lincoln grille (answer: not bad!)

Lincoln_E.jpg

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
i like it... it is easy to nitpick stuff, lie front grille being blocked as if there is a version with grille. Why not incorporate it into design?

But otherwise, seems nice, it being Ford they will play with the pricing through dealers and people will be able to get a nice deal.
If GM, VW and Nissan produce vehicles like this, that will be much bigger threat to Tesla than Audi or Porsche.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I just hate the football shape that all of these similar things seem to have... X4, X6, GLC, GLE, Audi eTron thing that just debuted in LA, this, the Model X.

We give Lexus a lot of crap for being late to the market, but this is one trend I'm glad they seem to be sitting out :)

Also, to Ian's point, why TF is this called a Mustang? Makes no sense on so many levels.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I just hate the football shape that all of these similar things seem to have... X4, X6, GLC, GLE, Audi eTron thing that just debuted in LA, this, the Model X.

On the plus side, it means they aren't all copying the RX, but yeah, I can barely distinguish a lot of these cars and it's gonna be worse when they're all on the road.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Seems to be solid. I just wonder who is going to buy this? I doubt the traditional Mustang owner does. I can't see many Ford customers. I don't see Tesla customers buying anything else.

Curious to see what happens with this.