maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Story short:
Good car = yes maybe even the best in its class
Deserve the name = definitely no

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Seems to be solid. I just wonder who is going to buy this? I doubt the traditional Mustang owner does. I can't see many Ford customers. I don't see Tesla customers buying anything else.

Curious to see what happens with this.

It's arguably more premium (if less flashy) than the Model Y but the pricing is weird.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I am in that Tesla FB group and it’s insane some of the rabid fanboys. I mean it’s as bad as I’ve seen. Totally believable.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
As a Tesla and Mustang GT owner, I admire the Mach-E launch.
But it's pretty obvious that Tesla is years ahead of current EV competition, especially when charging network, hardware/software integration, battery technology is considered.

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
If I am correct (I have not looked up close), there are at least 1 each of the Ioniq 5 and EV6 in the parking lot at work, but no Mustang Mach-E.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
They are trying to raise production, right now it is very limited.

Not sure who would spend that much money on Ford? I guess Ford lovers? Pricing in my eastern european country is very high, higher than Hyundai, Kia and even Tesla.

There are problems with charging, nav to chargers, etc, etc, but Toyota has more of those too.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
MachE is red hot ordering wise at least in the online community. In reality I have only seen a few EVs from non-tesla brands. Teslas though are popping up like corollas...everywhere.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
MachE is red hot ordering wise at least in the online community. In reality I have only seen a few EVs from non-tesla brands. Teslas though are popping up like corollas...everywhere.

they have production limits, original one was 20k/yr, now they moved it to 50k/yr, and now they plan to produce 5x more maybe next year, I dont remember exact details.

Of course, Model Y is being produced in crazy high numbers, maybe 700k/yr now?

Which does not take from Mache-E's success.

Problem is when you buy it right now, you are a beta tester for new product, your charging experience might suck both in finding chargers and charging. Good for rest of the people buying it in few years.

Reactions
Not sure who would spend that much money on Ford? I guess Ford lovers? Pricing in my eastern european country is very high, higher than Hyundai, Kia and even Tesla.
People in North America love trucks, so spending over $40-50K and up is nothing to most consumers here on a Ford.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
they have production limits, original one was 20k/yr, now they moved it to 50k/yr, and now they plan to produce 5x more maybe next year, I dont remember exact details.

Of course, Model Y is being produced in crazy high numbers, maybe 700k/yr now?

Which does not take from Mache-E's success.

Problem is when you buy it right now, you are a beta tester for new product, your charging experience might suck both in finding chargers and charging. Good for rest of the people buying it in few years.
Oh i agree they are in a good spot to be production limited.