F SPORT Models Make Big Impact on Lexus Sales in USA

Discussion in 'Lexus Lounge' started by Tragic Bronson, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Tragic Bronson
    [​IMG]
    F Sport packages vary from model to model but largely involve cosmetic features and some hardware upgrades. They proved so popular that Lexus added F Sport availability to the redesigned 2016 RX 450h hybrid crossover.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20151025/OEM03/310269986/f-sport-trim-works-wonders-for-lexus-image

2. GSCT
    GSCT Founding Member
    As an owner of two F Ssports (a CT and GS) I am hopelessly biased, but I can see why they are so successful. With better looks (especially on the new RX and the NX), better seats and better handling for a relatively small premuim what's not to like?

3. IS-SV
    IS-SV Premium Member
    Lexus F-Sport, I think it's a similar (good) trend to what's going on with Mercedes. For example at Mercedes most of the C and E class sedans are "sport" models with AMG body kits, versus "lux" style with traditional grill and standup hood ornament.

4. krew
    krew Administrator
    krew [​IMG]

View the original article post

5. BOSS
    The car looks really good with this angle/view.

6. James
    James Founding Member
    Doesn't surprise me most of the IS and RC I see are F sport. I think the RX and NX will add to that number. Well worth the price increase makes the car look much more elegant and aggressive all at the same time

7. Lexus Cohen
    I thought the GX would have received the FSport treatment, since the spindle touch up we have seen an increase in sales. I remember our first FSport car, obsidian IS 250, followed by the Nebula GS FSport, then the lovely USB IS F and finally the molten pearl RC (not F). F/FSport is definitely the way to go.

8. Alshamsi
    i hope next Lexus's offer hp bump for F-Sport models

9. mikeavelli
    mikeavelli Staff Member Moderator
    The F-Sport program is one of the best moves in their history. I can't wait to see how it continues to evolve.

CIF likes this.
  10. spwolf
    For some cars, I would only get F-Sport version - for instance, RC looks really bad to me with regular front, and amazing with F-Sport... IS is bearable standard and great F-Sport... NX looks great regardless as well as new RX... I think they found medium where both versions look good now with latest vehicles.

11. corradoMR2
    corradoMR2 Founding Member
    It's been F Sport all the way for me, 3 Lexus models in and more to come.

CIF, mikeavelli and IS-SV like this.
  12. Sander
    The Weird thing is that in Australia, the F Sport package is the 2nd highest tier, with Sports Luxury at the top and Luxury at the Bottom.

13. mwyf
    mwyf Founding Member
    I agree with you. It's quite strange a strategy. I think Lexus should do a F-Sport+ model to sit on top of Sports Luxury. Got the goodies of the Sports Luxury, with the performance tune and packaging of the F-Sport.

Lexus should also bring the F-Sport Parts and Accessories Downunder. Let people personalise their cars.

14. Bulldog 1
    Night and Day. I traded a 2014 Matador Red Mica IS250 for a 2015 Matador Red Mica IS250 F Sport (color adds more speed!) and the way these two cars drive is so different.
    I had a 2012 UBM IS250 F Sport and it was no comparison to the speed, the agility, the ability to just dump everyone behind you at a light. The wheels and tires coupled with suspension makes the IS F Sport.
    I wavered from my signature Matador Red Mica / Beige interior combo with a gray on my 2015 with carbon fiber trim and it's so much better than what the all black with suede seating was on the 2012.
    Somehow, the IS line seems "incomplete" without the F Sport package.
    Now about returning to those dirty, dirty brake pads again....WHY?

15. Lexus Cohen
    Next will be a 2016 IS200t, Nebula with red interior?

16. Bulldog 1
    Are you asking me? I will never buy a Campbell's Soup Red IS nor tolerate a 4- cylinder engine. Killing Matador Red Mica in the IS line-up most likely ended my IS purchases. I've got a pair of '15's right now (IS and ES) and love them both. But I've also got a pushrod V8 muscle car and I'm all about that RWD normally aspirated engine.
    Hate 4-cylinders. If you can't afford the gas, don't buy the car.

17. mikeavelli
    mikeavelli Staff Member Moderator
    If there was no F-Sport LS there is no way I would have even considered the LS. Now I hope a LS F comes soon :)

CIF and Bulldog 1 like this.
  18. Lexus Cohen
    Your LS is really nice!