Emission targets in EU for 2021

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
Toyota tops the ranking as the most economical big manufacturer. Lexus is also the most economical luxury brand when excluding small brands as DS, mini car brands Mini & Smart and Tesla. Toyota will likely make to it's target since petrol only Avensis is now replaced by Corolla hybrid. Lexus may not meet the targets and get fines but maybe Toyota could include Lexus to Toyota group and avoid fines.
As EV enthuasist bash Toyota being stupid to not pushing EVs, here's the result of pushing hybrids to mainstream. If I remember right Toyota has capacity produce 20000 batteries for EVs or 1.5 million for hybrids. It chose hybrids since it's helping more to save our planet. Congratulations Toyota! Good job and keep going, I must increase my investment stake at the company since I can see very profitable future :)downloadfile-2.jpgdownloadfile-2.jpg 35-1024x958.jpg 36-1024x1024.jpg 42-1024x739.jpg 2-1024x699.jpg 3-2-1024x773.jpg 4-2-1024x770.jpg 5-2-1024x770.jpg

Will1991

Reactions
It's well positioned regarding EU laws, but regarding a possible electric vehicle, we cannot forget that Tesla's Model 3 is selling more (a lot more) than any other Lexus Sedan, without any availability for lower trims...

Yes Toyota's path is clear and doing very well, but is loosing a lot of costumers (Prius are one of the biggest lookers for TM3).

For me both arguments are correct:
-Toyota is doing very very well regarding future emissions laws;
-Toyota needs to build electric vehicles (read my previous two paragraphs).

Another thing I can see is Lexus needing a electric vehicle before Toyota... Maybe the electric prototype posted on this forum is actually a true Lexus and not a Toyota with Lexus parts :)

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
It's well positioned regarding EU laws, but regarding a possible electric vehicle, we cannot forget that Tesla's Model 3 is selling more (a lot more) than any other Lexus Sedan, without any availability for lower trims...

Yes Toyota's path is clear and doing very well, but is loosing a lot of costumers (Prius are one of the biggest lookers for TM3).

For me both arguments are correct:
-Toyota is doing very very well regarding future emissions laws;
-Toyota needs to build electric vehicles (read my previous two paragraphs).

Another thing I can see is Lexus needing a electric vehicle before Toyota... Maybe the electric prototype posted on this forum is actually a true Lexus and not a Toyota with Lexus parts :)
Tesla has just surge in Europe thet sre delivering Model 3 for customers whom ordered the vehicle years ago. Year from now Tesla YoY sales looks negative in double digit. Crown will be held by Leaf, Zoe, ID and maybe CH-R EV! :)

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Tesla's Fremont factory actually just switched over from building European Model 3s back to US-spec cars, which would seem to indicate they think demand has dried up in Europe.