Discussion: The Updated 2019 Lexus RC Coupe

mikeavelli

Reactions
Sorry guys. I've been ridiculously busy and am way behind on some updates. I got to see the first 2019 RC F-Sport here as part of the #LexusXCC project... here it is below in Atlanta after installing the Vossen HF-2 Wheels, RS-R springs and Nitto Tires. The wrap and sound system was installed in Miami a couple of days before.

I usually don't like refreshes but IMO, they completely nailed the RC. It looks much tidier. I have a video I will upload tonight.

IMG_7711 2.JPG

IMG_1916.jpg

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew

Photo Gallery: The Updated 2019 Lexus RC Coupe Arrives in Europe
19-02-15-lexus-rc-f-sport-gallery-europe.jpg

View the original article post

Reactions
I always thought that, unlike the LC, the proportions of the RC (width-to-height ratio) were a little bit off for a sport coupe. It appears from the pictures that they were somehow able to trick the lines to improve on that, if only as a perceived impression. I'm curious to see if the actual dimensions have changed at all. The Infrared really suits the car very well (OK I'm biased) but unlike the LC, I think that almost every color look really good on it.

Last edited:
Reactions
I sat in a 2019 F Sport recently and really liked the new interior trim. Definitely don't like what they did to the air vents though. The clock is a nice refresh but I prefer the white face. The headlights look better in person than in pics, but the new taillights look more Toyota-ish now. Still not sure what I'm going to do when my lease ends later this year.

Will1991

Reactions
Even when we're discussion a second generation RC I think we must take a couple of minutes to remember what we've right now:

In my opinion, besides current NX which I'm not really into it, Lexus does some of the most beautiful cars without any question, even this older models like CT/IS/RC!

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Even when we're discussion a second generation RC I think we must take a couple of minutes to remember what we've right now:

In my opinion, besides current NX which I'm not really into it, Lexus does some of the most beautiful cars without any question, even this older models like CT/IS/RC!

Updated RC is fantastic, no question. Wish we had the 300h powertrain in North America.

wyvern

Fan
Reactions

Australian media is reporting that the RC is getting some updates for 2021. It sounds like the updates largely reflect updates which have been made to the major refresh IS. The updates include:
  • upgraded transmission programming
  • upgraded rear suspension componentry (makes sense as the RC shares a rear end with the IS)
  • upgraded adaptive cruise control (now all speed, was previously high speed only)
  • electronic parking brake
I wonder if Lexus will do a model year change where they add a touchscreen like the new IS has.