Dash/door warranty enhancement 2nd gen IS

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Anybody have any activity related to the dash/door panel warranty enhancement on 2nd gen IS's

Yesterday 6/15 my 07 IS350 was inspected for sticky and greasy looking dash pad and top door panel sections. Pictures were taken by Lexus service department. The expectation is new dash pad and door panels will be ordered and parts could take weeks/months to arrive.

Brooks2IS

Premium Member
Reactions
Yes! My dash was ordered in late May of this year and arrived last week. Bringing in my IS on Tuesday for the replacement. Then having the door panels ordered.

Reactions: RAL

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
^ Brooks2IS - Best of luck on the IS dash replacement, let us know the outcome.

My dealership prefers to do dash and door panel installation at same time, so I may be waiting for several weeks for all parts to arrive before scheduling actual installation.

Brooks2IS

Premium Member
Reactions
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Here's my IS, with a fresh new dash. Fit and finish is excellent, nothing but great remarks on the job the technicians did. Please let me know if I can take any other pictures of the new dash for you, I'd be happy to do so! I'm looking forward to receiving my door panels (on back order). The interior looks like new with this new piece. Of course, I didn't mind the RX they gave me!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

All in all, three weeks for the dash to arrive. 1 day job at the dealer. Waiting on door panels to arrive.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
I still haven't heard about the arrival of my dash and door panel parts for my IS...

Brooks2IS

Premium Member
Reactions
I still haven't heard about the arrival of my dash and door panel parts for my IS...

I'm sorry to hear that! :( My replacement dash actually has a defect- the driver's side left corner is "flaking" off- and a second replacement dash should be here in the next week or so. Fingers crossed yours will be here soon.

Brooks2IS

Premium Member
Reactions
Just picked up my car with new dash and door panels. It's worth the wait! Completely new door panels- new chrome door handle, leather armrest and the works. It's like a whole new interior!image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
^ Super results and great info. I didn't know the entire door panel gets replaced. Knowing that I will patiently wait for dash and door parts.

Brooks2IS

Premium Member
Reactions
^ Super results and great info. I didn't know the entire door panel gets replaced. Knowing that I will patiently wait for dash and door parts.

Hope yours arrives soon. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the entire door was replace- totally did not expect that!