Consumer Reports

Spencer Chapin

Premium Member
Reactions
Once again Lexus gets slammed by Consumer Reports. The writers do not take the time to learn a vehicle and then write a negative report. This happened with the RX400h and now it is happening with the NX. If you have not seen the article they listed it as one of the worst luxury SUVs.
While the NX takes some time to get used to and to learn I find it much better than other vehicles in its class.

Spencer Chapin

Premium Member
Reactions
So far I find that the NX is better than the other vehicles in its class. The dealers are much better at taking care of their customers than BMW and that goes for the factory also. This is my 4th Lexus. I spend time getting shafted by the local BMW dealers service department before coming back to Lexus.
When I was forced to purchase a new vehicle we looked at everything in small SUVs. It came down to the NX or a loaded Subaru Forester XT. The Forester was not as comfortable as the NX and did not handle as well. Power wise nothing compared to the BMW X1 M Sport 35. But I don't miss the power as much as I thought that I would.
I find Consumer Reports to be a unreliable publication that I do not trust.

mikeavelli

Reactions
We strongly disagree with CR's opinion on the NX here at the Lexus Enthusaist. Rebutal to come this week!

Reactions
Keep in mind all publications these days compete for "eyes," especially on the Internet, and write articles or headlines that will attract attention. "Best" and "Worst" lists are very popular and make for good Internet reading via mobile devices. I saw the CR "Best" and "Worst" report on Yahoo, as my NX was in the process of being delivered to my dealer, and it didn't bother me at all. The paragraph, below, which I read on Yahoo, didn't sway my opinion at all, as I know my Lexus will be likely make far fewer visits to the shop for repairs, and be a more dependable vehicle for me in the long run.

"The Lexus brand promises luxury trappings, a supple ride, and a soothing cabin. But the NX’s proletarian Toyota RAV4 underpinnings show through—with a firm, jostling ride. Its handling is no match for its German rivals. Some interior bits feel cheap, and the infotainment system’s touchpad is challenging to manipulate while driving. Lexus can do better."