krew

CNET Reviews the 2019 Lexus RC 350 F SPORT
18-11-09-lexus-rc-f-sport-2019.jpg

Updated coupe now being tested.
View the original article post

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Looks like despite the updates, it has not made the car sporty (which was the complaint of the original RC350 F sport). However, it looks seriously good. I am surprised how good the updates look and probably prefer some of the updated elements over my RCF's such as the tail light design

Reactions
I didn't feel the F Sport had the sporting chops to match the aggressive style, which is why I ordered mine with the F Sport exhaust and F Sport springs. The exhaust helped, but even the springs feel soft. It doesn't sound like the new bushings and updated adaptive shocks brought the sportiness up much. I will still give it a test drive and see for myself when my dealer gets one.
I wasn't thrilled about the new front end when I first saw the pictures, but CNETs pics and that color really make it look sharp Best pics yet! I still don't care for the new tail lights though, but they do look better in these photographs.
I do feel Lexus missed to opportunity to update the things that really needed updated on/in this car though.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Agreed. This needed to be a legitimate 335/340 coupe alternative, but Lexus missed the opportunity in the driving dynamics department. Styling update wise, I think they hit it out of the park.

I didn't feel the F Sport had the sporting chops to match the aggressive style, which is why I ordered mine with the F Sport exhaust and F Sport springs. The exhaust helped, but even the springs feel soft. It doesn't sound like the new bushings and updated adaptive shocks brought the sportiness up much. I will still give it a test drive and see for myself when my dealer gets one.
I wasn't thrilled about the new front end when I first saw the pictures, but CNETs pics and that color really make it look sharp Best pics yet! I still don't care for the new tail lights though, but they do look better in these photographs.
I do feel Lexus missed to opportunity to update the things that really needed updated on/in this car though.

Reactions
The problems are that 1)it's too heavy, 2) the powertrain is too weak. This includes the transmission which needs serious retuning. and 3) the rear subframe allows for too much movement. The rear control arms needs balljoints to replace the bushings and the subframe needs to be directly mounted to the unibody--or at least make the bushings smaller and harder. I drive my 3IS hard and while overall i'm pleased, i can feel the rear end trying to escape from under the car. Gets squirrley. Blame it on the large soft subframe mounts and RLCA bushings.