Check this out.....the Shelby F-150

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Shelby F-150
Hope this isn't a repost.......I didn't see any previous threads or references. Anyhow, oddly, at my home Chevy/Buick/GMC dealership (where I'm getting an alignment today and some factory updates), they have, for sale, a new bright blue/white-stripe Shelby Ford F-150. I didn't have my cell-phone camera with me, or else I would have gotten some shots of it....but it looks just like this image. Asking $106,000 (they'll probably get it, maybe more)...but it is a beautiful truck, one of the most stunning I've seen. With 755 HP, it is essentially the Shelby Mustang's Super-snake supercharged V8.

It looked just like this, though. I was caught somewhat flat-footed here......I didn't know that Shelby was going to do a version of the new F-series, especially now that Carroll Shelby himself has passed away. But, I guess, the company itself carries on.

mainimage_1440x550_2.jpg

After doing a little research on it, apparently it debuted at the SEMA show this year...I don't usually follow that show very closely, since I'm not into the customizing/slamming/aftermarket stuff. Since this is from a mainstream manufacturer, though, I would have more-expected it to debut at L.A. or Detroit.

Last edited:

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
A VERY last-minute invite to attend the Mustang Shelby GT500 press preview (see my Jim Owens interview Garage thread ) included a visit to the Shelby Museum in Las Vegas, which is actually nestled in a corner of the Shelby American manufacturing facility. We also got to tour the latter, which was chock-full of modified Mustangs and F-150s.

To be clear, the Mustang Shelby GT350 and GT500 models are built at the Ford Mustang plant in Flat Rock, Michigan, but there are a number of Shelby Super Snake and Shelby GT Mustangs that are modified in the Las Vegas facility alongside a range of modified Shelby F-150, Raptor and even F-250 pickup trucks. And, nowadays, the Shelby American facility is producing far more modified pickup trucks than Mustangs.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
A VERY last-minute invite to attend the Mustang Shelby GT500 press preview (see my Jim Owens interview Garage thread ) included a visit to the Shelby Museum in Las Vegas, which is actually nestled in a corner of the Shelby American manufacturing facility. We also got to tour the latter, which was chock-full of modified Mustangs and F-150s.

To be clear, the Mustang Shelby GT350 and GT500 models are built at the Ford Mustang plant in Flat Rock, Michigan, but there are a number of Shelby Super Snake and Shelby GT Mustangs that are modified in the Las Vegas facility alongside a range of modified Shelby F-150, Raptor and even F-250 pickup trucks. And, nowadays, the Shelby American facility is producing far more modified pickup trucks than Mustangs.

Thanks for sharing that. The tour must have been interesting.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I don't say this often, but that truck would look incredible if it was lowered.

I think they probably kept it at that height to allow its off-road capabilities (it supposedly shares some of its underpinnings with the Raptor)...but who would want to take a paint job like that off-road and get it dirty and maybe scratched up?