CAR Magazine Comparison: Lexus RC F Wins Over BMW M4 & Ford Mustang

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-10-28-lexus-rc-f-ford-mustang-bmw-m4.jpg

"Nothing ticks all the boxes quite like the Lexus".
View the original article post

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
First time I've seen a magazine review the RC F with the carbon package.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
honestly a lot of controversy regarding the RC-F
i donno maybe the frankenstein structure of 3 different chassis harm it a lot
honestly hope they fixed all the down falls by the next generation

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Excellent and thorough article, far better than superficial short test drive reviews. 2 of my favorites floated to the top here (RC-F, 'Stang GT and C-class coupe all being considered for my next weekend vehicle).

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Good article, but it makes you wonder, though, where the Camaro SS would have ranked, given its excellent Cadillac ATS-V-sourced chassis.

Rob Grieveson

Follower
Reactions
Well done to Lexus! Nice to be top for a change and no excuse, this car was designed to be a winner and it therefore must be - Lexus knew what they had to take on and they have and good on them.

Axel

Fan
Reactions
Now I wish the enthusiasts would stop calling for turbos on lexus. RCF and GSF are the best cars out there because of this N/A V8. Infact I would not mind if lexus made this engine more efficient and keep it for the next gen F. I see no point in accelerating to 60 faster then the RCF does for the F brand

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Note: GM doesn't do a RHD version of Camaro, like Ford does w/Mustang (as it relates to UK article/topic here).

Last edited:

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Note: GM doesn't do a RHD version of Camaro, like Ford does w/Mustang (as it relates to UK article/topic here).

Agreed, but that was part of my point....one can only wonder how the Camaro SS would have fared if they DID. That ATS-V chassis is getting quite a reputation.

Back to the article, I have to agree with a couple of the previous posters that, for some things, at least, there's no replacement for displacement. Turbos and superchargers, of course, can add HP/torque to small-displacement engines, but introduce complexity and a number of (potential) problems and issues as well.