Car Care

Wicus Kriel

Premium Member
Reactions
Hi Guys

I'd like to propose the addition of a "Car Care" section to the forums.

I would appreciate some help at the moment with treating a blemish on a Lexus dashboard and thought that the topic may have potential for broader, related discussions.

Your thoughts?

Regards

//W

Onelog

Follower
Reactions
and what Lexus model do you have? There are actually some models that have a recall for the dash currently. I think it's just for cracked or sticky dashes though.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
^ Yes, it's a warranty enhancement/extension, certain years of gen 2 IS's included.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Hi Guys

I'd like to propose the addition of a "Car Care" section to the forums.

I would appreciate some help at the moment with treating a blemish on a Lexus dashboard and thought that the topic may have potential for broader, related discussions.

Your thoughts?

Regards

//W

Hey W, that's a good suggestion we will review it!

Wicus Kriel

Premium Member
Reactions
Hi Guys

I helped my dad get into an ES250 EX as his retirement car. It's his first Lexus and he's loving it :)

We bought the car second-hand, in excellent condition. There was however a small piece of hard dirt on the dashboard, so I took a clean, damp microfibre cloth and rubbed it for a couple of seconds to get the dirt off. Now when looking at that bit of the dashboard under direct light, one can see where I rubbed it. That spot now almost has a different texture than the rest of the dashboard.

When I wipe the whole dashboard with a wet cloth, the colour is the same all over. Then when it dries, one can again see where I rubbed off the dirt, almost as if it's dryer than the rest of the dashboard. So I'm thinking that the right dash treatment may leave the entire surface with the same tint of colour, but would feel more comfortable trying to rectify it using a technique / product that has worked for someone else.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

//W

Reactions
hey,
can some one help me,i need official email from Lexus Europe, service care and costumer care, i have a complain to make referring to my dealer here in Skopje,Macedonia
Thanks
Darko Milevski