Canadian Made Lexus RX 350 not up to standard Expectations!!!

Reactions
Last week I drove home from the Dealership with a beand new RX 350F .When I arrived home I found the MULTI MEDIA system was not working. I returned to the dealership and after 2 days of investigations they discovered that the Amplifer was not working. They will replace it.My car is still there and I have been driving a loaner for a week now. This is probably the worst experience I have had- driving home with a new car only to find it defective when I arrive home and had to return and leave it at the dealership. (My Dealer is great- it is the car) Never had this with a Lexus made in Japan. Therefore my conclusion and title above.

Last edited:

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Electronics failing early on is very much a thing, and it's not related to where the car is manufactured. It means something went wrong at whoever supplies that amplifier to Lexus. My '08 LS460 built in Japan also had a bad amplifier. The dealer swapped it out and the replacement was fine for the rest of the time I had the car.

Bottom line: there's never been any measured quality variance between Japan and US/Canada built Lexus vehicles, and the same goes for Honda. It sucks that your amplifier was bad, but it was just a random thing.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
it is very weird for it to happen on brand new vehicle... When it comes to amplifiers, probably same company produces them in both Japan and Canada.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Yeah, the amps all come from the same supplier regardless of where the car is assembled (I believe it's currently Pioneer for most Lexus base stereos, and of course Mark Levinson for the upgrade ones).