Cadillac Lyriq EV

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Well, you probably have seen this, but any way:

S1-cadillac-lyriq-la-marque-passe-a-l-electrique-639631.jpg

It looks really good. Lexus better hurry up, if they cancelled TTV8 and LF1. Maybe RZ 450e ist the production car of LF-30 Concept.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

The LYRIQ is based on GM’s next-generation, modular electric vehicle platform and driven by the Ultium propulsion system, allowing Cadillac to deliver customers a variety of range and performance options. With range being one of the biggest factors when it comes to selecting an EV, we’re designing LYRIQ to offer beyond 300 miles of range on a full charge, based on internal testing1. Performance and technology highlights include:

-Charging options that fit a variety of preferences for home, the workplace and on the road — including DC fast charging rates over 150 kilowatts and Level 2 charging rates up to 19 kW2

The back of the LYRIQ looks strange. I like the big gas guzzling V8 Escalade more.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
To me this is another instance of the ongoing Caddy styling malfunction, where the Escalade looks good mostly because it's a Chevy with a different grille, and the other Cadillac models have no brand identity. If I had to guess a brand from the photo of the Lyriq above, I'd pretty confidently say "Ford or Lincoln", which is not great for GM.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
To me this is another instance of the ongoing Caddy styling malfunction, where the Escalade looks good mostly because it's a Chevy with a different grille, and the other Cadillac models have no brand identity. If I had to guess a brand from the photo of the Lyriq above, I'd pretty confidently say "Ford or Lincoln", which is not great for GM.
I agree. I find the latest models (ones with horizontal headlamps) to be rather generic and not easily recognizable as Cadillacs, whereas the older models (which includes the current Escalade), with the bold grille and the vertical headlamp units that wrap up over the front fender, as easily and instantly recognizable as Cadillacs.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
It looks good. Looks premium unlike German premium which look cheap and boring like 90s' Toyota's.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Really impressive. I am very happy for Cadillac with this one.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Rear styling is a mess, but that's superficial. Being a SUV should insure some level of success in US market.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Saw another one today. It looks really cool. The rear light setup is cool too. iIMG_2930.jpeg

Reactions: RAL