Cadillac CT6/CT6-V Thread (Update: No more 2.0T)

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
What's wrong with Sony? They beat Microsoft by over 2:1 on this console generation, their micro 4/3rds cameras rule the world, and their new OLED TVs are well reviewed.

They are a fallen giant that's for sure, still a giant though. Their TV business was almost gone before LG saves the day. And RIP VAIO and Xperia.

BTW M43 is Panasonic/Olympus. doesn't matter since Sony pretty much make every single image sensor in the world.

But I digress. At one point Toyota really seemed to head in Sony's direction. I even made the same comparison when I first came to this forum. But then we saw Camry's unexpected success, the launch of a very strong Auris and RAV4, and their commitment to solid state EVs.Now the situation is way better and the Sony comparison becomes nonsense.

Last edited:

Airplane

Fan
Reactions
What's wrong with Sony? They beat Microsoft by over 2:1 on this console generation, their micro 4/3rds cameras rule the world, and their new OLED TVs are well reviewed.
If you don't know, Sony's mobile division have been suffering for years. Beating Microsoft on console is nothing when there is only three major players in the game. OLED are well reviewed, well GS are well reviewed but the market share is inrelevant.
SONY was so big in the industry before, just like Toyota, but they got comfortable with their position and slacked off, now their mobile division is dead. Their consoles still sell because that market is like the SUV of the car world, no matter what product comes out, it will sell like really well. The thing is, you simply cannot rely on the hot market trend to be successful. You need to follow the trend but at the same time still innovate in the less trendy segments.
I mean SUVs are hot right now, but every brand's SUVs sell very hot, it will reach a point where Lexus won't have any major leap over the competition, the RX is untouchable through years of reputation, however the NX is not the segment leader anymore and I honestly feel like that outdated steering wheel has a big impact on it.

Airplane

Fan
Reactions
They are a fallen giant that's for sure, still a giant though. Their TV business was almost gone before LG saves the day. And RIP VAIO and Xperia.

BTW M43 is Panasonic/Olympus. doesn't matter since Sony pretty much make every single image sensor in the world.

But I digress. At one point Toyota really seemed to head in Sony's direction. I even made the same comparison when I first came to this forum. But then we saw Camry's unexpected success, the launch of a very strong Auris and RAV4, and their commitment to solid state EVs.Now the situation is way better and the Sony comparison becomes nonsense.
Well, Camry is a success because CALTY designed it, and RAV4 will sell becaue it's a SUV. To me TMC is a hit and miss situation, I love the new Camry and the Auris, but not the RAV4, love the LC and LS, but not the UX.

Too many decision making from too many executive.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
Whoever is interested in a Cadillac CT6-V better move fast, for it will be offered for less than a year. As Jalopnik reports:

The Cadillac CT6-V Is Still Happening And Will Go Out in V8 Glory
Raphael Orlove

Every time I see a Cadillac CT6, I want it to be good. A high-tech superspeed sedan, with some wild engine under its sharp hood. Well, though production is ending in the United States next year, it won’t be without a CT6-V, 550 horsepower “Blackwing” V8 and all.

The news comes direct from Cadillac, with a representative writing Jalopnik when asked for comment confirming production was coming to a close:

The CT6 goes out of production mid-2019 at Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly, which produces vehicles for North America. Important note – our plans to introduce the V-Series and Blackwing V-8 aren’t impacted by today’s news.

That Blackwing is a beast. From 4.2 liters, 550 HP and 627 lb-ft of torque for the CT6-V thanks to twin turbos. Non-V Blackwings will still make 500 HP and 553 lb-ft in other CT6s.

So the CT6 will continue the strong GM traditions of going out as it should have gone into the world. This is referred to as Fiero Syndrome.

We at Jalopnik wish the CT6 well in Valhalla, where it will live out its days with the second-generation Corvair, the Chevrolet SS, and probably a couple other Pontiacs I’m forgetting about.

https://jalopnik.com/the-cadillac-ct6-v-is-still-happening-and-will-go-out-i-1830663592

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Cadillac CT6 loses the entry-level 2.0-liter turbo four-cylinder
3.6-liter NA V6 becomes base engine, boosts price gap between CT6 and CTS

01-2019-cadillac-ct6-v-sport-ny-1.jpg

General Motors continues its engine rationalization among product lines. A few days after Chevrolet dropped the old-generation LTG 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder from the Traverse, Cadillac has jettisoned the new-gen LSY 2.0-liter turbo four from the CT6 range. Given a look at the dealer ordering system, Cadillac Society said the 2.0-liter option shows "built out" or "no longer available," and the online configurator at the Cadillac site confirms the omission. The retired engine can be had in the XT4 crossover, rated at the same 237 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque.

This means a couple of things for the big sedan. The CT6 entry price was $50,495 before destination, but fitted with the now-base 3.6-liter six-cylinder, the entry price has gone up to $55,495. The other change is that rear-wheel drive is no longer available; the three remaining engine choices come with all-wheel drive. Those engines are the NA 3.6-liter V6 with 335 hp and 284 lb-ft of torque, a 3.0-liter twin-turbo V6 with 404 hp and 400 lb-ft, and coming in a few months, the detuned 4.2-liter Blackwing twin-turbo V8 with 500 hp and 574 lb-ft, down from 550 hp and 627 lb-ft.

Cadillac Society thinks one of the possibilities for making the move could be that GM is having a hard time meeting demand for the 2.0-liter. That might be, but we think no matter the reason, the result puts more logical pricing between the midsize CTS/CT5 and the full-size luxury flagship. We don't know how Cadillac will price the coming CT5, but there's now an $8,005 difference between the CTS and the CT6, instead of the $4,000 gap when the 2.0-liter was a CT6 option. Mercedes-Benz, for instance, puts a $12,000 gap between the C-Class and the E-Class, a $38,000 gulf between the E-Class and the S-Class. There's a $19,000 difference between an Audi A4 and A6, a $25,000 difference between an A6 and an A8.

It isn't clear if this will affect every other market where the CT6 is sold. The Canadian, Mexican, and French Cadillac site configurators don't list the 2.0-liter turbo, but the Chinese Cadillac site does.

Source: https://www.autoblog.com/2019/04/29/cadillac-ct6-loses-entry-level-four-cylinder/

The notion that they're cancelling the 2.0T because they can't meet demand for it seems foolish to me. When you consider the lifecycle of this car so far - 4 cyl, V6, AWD, V8, V V8, cancelling it, selling out the limited edition V model... it's had quite a storied run.

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
Yeah and they posted record revenue and record net profit this year. Sony has the best ecosystem that doesn't imprison you inside it. This is my fourth Sony phone, all my family members have Sony phones, all of my headphones and stereos are Sonys, my TV is Sony, I have PS3 and 4 and I even have Sony record player! None of them have broken except my phones but it was my fault.

Reactions: RAL

RAL

Reactions
Yeah and they posted record revenue and record net profit this year. Sony has the best ecosystem that doesn't imprison you inside it. This is my fourth Sony phone, all my family members have Sony phones, all of my headphones and stereos are Sonys, my TV is Sony, I have PS3 and 4 and I even have Sony record player! None of them have broken except my phones but it was my fault.
me too!

mikeavelli

Reactions
This is crazy to me. So this car has been around and its always been meh to me. Yesterday I see a BEAUTIFUL white one with a mesh grill. I mean shockingly good looking. Wasn't even sure what it was. Figured out it was the CTS-6. I go online and I guess its the updated one with the sport package. Optional 20" wheels. Its magnificent.

Today I see 4 more white ones on a truck I guess going to be delivered.

Cadillac this is what you need. DO NOT GIVE UP ON THIS CAR.

19852641451.jpg

Reactions
wow bravo, Cadillac! I was kinda excited to see the CT-6 when it came out, as I don't think Cadillac has made a "real" Cadillac since the 90s. -I know. brutal. when I found out the CT-6 had a 4 banger, I about fell out of my chair laughing. then again, still not as bad as a Northstar, which is a whole other topic. the sad thing about the Northstar v8 is that it was a pretty sweet motor but blew up due to crummy engineering.
Abkürzung