Cadillac announces new CT5, CT4 sedans

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Well, so much for the idea of GM sedans being dead. I just hope that Buick comes (back) to their senses and doesn't abandon the sedan world, either.

https://www.maxim.com/rides/cadillac-ct5-2019-3

MEET THE 2020 CADILLAC CT5, A SPORTY NEW LUXURY SEDAN
Caddy lovers, rejoice.
MAXIM STAFF
8 HOURS AGO
Cadillac is replacing the CTS with an even swankier and sportier luxury sedan called the CT5.

The American automaker's newest Caddy will be available in either Luxury or Sport trims, each with different lines and drive feel.

Motor Trend has further details:

The back end will sport a new badge that says 350T, meaning the 275-hp turbocharged 2.0-liter engine will deliver approximately 350 newton meters (Nm) of torque (295 lb-ft).

The 3.0-liter generates about 404 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque, which would require a torque-figure badge that rounds up to say 550T. The "T" denotes turbocharged.

Both engines will be mated a 10-speed automatic transmission that feeds power to the rear wheels. An all-wheel version will also be offered.

Cadillac says the powertrain boasts the latest evolution of GM's Alpha platform, which, as Robb Report notes, is also used in the ATS, CTS, CT6 and Chevrolet Camaro.

Zoe Kravitz would definitely approve.

https://www.motor1.com/news/306833/cadillac-ct4-sedan-spied-testing/

2020 Cadillac CT4 Sedan Spied Testing In Several Trim Levels
upload_2019-3-22_22-47-3.png

FEB 25, 2019 at 2:34PM
+

BY: CHRISTOPHER SMITH

The CT6 is all but doomed, but it seems the CT4 is still on the menu for 2020.
Being a sedan in GM’s stable is a risky proposition these days. Cadillac’s larger CT6 sedan is being cut from the North American market before it really had a chance to fly, though reports suggest executives could be reconsidering that move. The company’s CT4 still seems to be a thing, however, as our spy photographers recently caught a fleet of the compact sedans out and about.

Our previous CT4 Encounter:
Cadillac CT4 Spied For Very First Time, Looks Like Smaller CT5
Specifically, we think there are three different CT4 trims caught in the 20-plus photo collage below. The car rolling on bright aluminum wheels is likely the Luxury model, with the black-wheeled Caddy being a Sport model. The third car has a set of split-spoke wheels with quad exhaust outlets at the rear, which is almost certainly a V-Sport model.

26 Photos

ATS influence at the rear. Underneath, we expect the small sedan to be rear-wheel drive with all-wheel drive optional, allowing it to do battle with small sports sedans from BMW, Audi, and Mercedes-Benz. Engines are unknown at this time, though the 2.0-liter turbocharged four-pot in GM’s parts bin is a good bet. It should be packed with technology as well, including the company’s Super Cruise autonomous driving tech.

Cadillac's new ad campaign:
Cadillac’s Oscars Ads Debut Brand’s New Tagline
GM made a considerable investment into its manufacturing facility in Lansing, Michigan to build the CT4 and forthcoming CT5, so despite the unyielding popularity of crossovers and SUVs, it would seem Cadillac is still committed to bringing these vehicles to market. This latest sighting is only our second look at the ATS replacement, so we don’t expect to see the car revealed until late this year as a 2020 model.

Source: Automedia

Last edited:
Reactions: RAL

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
As much as I like the CT6, the CT5 is really boring and derivative looking to me.

Also I'm trying to understand why it was necessary to switch from 2.0T/3.0T to "350T" and "550T."

mikeavelli

Reactions
This and the SUV they debuted look like old school GM rebadges with Caddy front ends. I can't see the sedan selling, the SUV will because people will buy any crap SUV.

Really saddened here as I thought they were going to put it together.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
CT4 caught NEKKID:

333a28e0-92bb-11e9-96fd-9c840bc8daed

mikeavelli

Reactions
Both care have gotten destroyed online. If Lincoln gets its cars together like it has gotten its SUV's together what a 180 this would be.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Here's the interior of the CT4-V and CT5. I couldn't find any images of the regular CT4 interior.

ct4v_5_379d9dfcfed970fdb8ff0c08a2d8d520a0014f08.jpg

CR-Cars-Inline-2020-Cadillac-CT4-V-int-5-19

burlappcar-2020-cadillac-ct5-1.jpg

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Cadillac is finally getting some of the basic styling and detailing right on their interiors. Bravo...