C&D compares the M3, C63S and the ATS-V

Mohammed Taha

Founding Member
Reactions
2015-bmw-m3-vs-2015-mercedes-amg-c63-s-2016-cadillac-ats-v-comparison-test-car-and-driver-photo-660845-s-original.jpg

Car & Driver: BMW M3 vs. Cadillac ATS-V vs. Mercedes C63 S

The comments' section is excellent

Last edited by a moderator:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I don't personally put much stock in Car & Driver's reviews when a BMW or Honda is among the competitors, so I am not surprised to see the results.

Personally, and taking price into account, I would rank them as:
1) ATS-V
2) C63
3) M3

I really like the C63 most, but it's not worth $20k over the ATS-V, IMO.

Mohammed Taha

Founding Member
Reactions
I don't personally put much stock in Car & Driver's reviews when a BMW or Honda is among the competitors, so I am not surprised to see the results.

Personally, and taking price into account, I would rank them as:
1) ATS-V
2) C63
3) M3

I would rate them exactly the same.

If I had C63S money, I would definitely go for it over the ATS-V. If I was trying to get the best bang for the buck, I would go for the ATS-V.

oem_is300

Founding Member
Reactions
Agreed. It seemed like the ATS-V had the most positive going for it, especially in the performance category, but as you said Gecko - when it comes to the M cars in reviews, there seem to be some bias.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
In my opinion, C&D is very, very fond of Honda and BMW in their comparos. The word "preferential" slips into mind.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Agreed C&D rankings are usually predictable. I reach my own conclusions.

I prefer to read between the lines and review the good data charts for useful info.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions

Mercedes has traditionally been priced higher than many of its competitors, not just in the AMG line-up, but across the board. And some people are willing to pay it just to get behind that three-pointed star. I agree with you that sometimes it's just not worth it.

Gecko said:
In my opinion, C&D is very, very fond of Honda and BMW in their comparos. The word "preferential" slips into mind.

That's because, for decades, Honda and BMW were both quite good at what they did, though they obviously excelled in different automotive fields. Much of the competition, though, has slowly but surely caught up, but, to some extent, C&D still sometimes judges the present from the past.

Last edited:

Mohammed Taha

Founding Member
Reactions
You guys, in the States, have the better end of the deal, trust me.

UAE Price for the C63S starts at 325000 ($99369.76 USD) vs your $72,825, LOL

Even our Lexus vehicles cost a lot more than they do in the States.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Next gen these cars will be 100k loaded lol... I think the prices are getting out of hand.

I do too to some extent, but the market that these cars are aimed at is often well-heeled, and they will charge what they think they can get.