Buick Envision totally redesigned for 2021

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Buick, IMO, really did a nice job restyling the 2021 Envision....I never cared for the old one, one reason why I got a Lacrosse sedan instead. But this new one combines the Encore GX's good looks with a decent 2.0L turbo power plant instead of the Mickey-Mouse, vibration-prone 1.2L and 1.3L turbo-three-cylinders. (a couple of months ago, before the pandemic really got bad, I test-drove a 1.3L AWD GX and liked it except for the unrefined three-cylinder power plant).

There are no good shots of the new Envision's interior (Buick hasn't released them), though someone from gmauthority.com managed to post an interior shot mostly under-wraps.

This new Envision makes me seriously interested....and glad that I didn't splurge on that new Corsair when I was tempted to do so last winter. My only real complaint is that it is built in China. Since GM was so eager to stop making sedans at the Hamtramck and Lordstown plants, THIS, IMO (and the Encore GX) is what they should be building there, with American labor, instead of batteries.

2021 Buick Envision Debuts With Handsome Looks, 2.0L Engine

2021-Buick-Envision-Exterior-002-front-three-quarters-720x340.jpg

Sponsored Links

The 2021 Buick Envision has made its official debut, arriving with handsome exterior looks and a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder engine.
This new crossover, which rides on the same E2 platform as the Cadillac XT4, ushers in the second-generation of the Envision nameplate. While the crossover was previously set to receive the Enspire name, Buick later decided to stick with the tried and true Envision badge.
Buick says the Envision’s new E2 platform allows for a lower and wider stance compared to the previous generation Envision, giving it “striking styling designed to combine the expressiveness of a car with the practicality of an SUV.”

Power comes from GM’s turbocharged 2.0L LSY four-cylinder engine, which produces 237 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque, while a nine-speed automatic transmission routes power to the wheels.
Crucially, the 2021 Buick Envision will also feature more standard active safety technology than the previous model. These include:
  • Automatic Emergency Braking
  • Front Pedestrian Braking
  • Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
  • Forward Collision Alert
  • Following Distance Indicator
  • Rear Park Assist
  • Safety Alert Seat
  • HD Rear Vision Camera
An abundance of optional advanced safety tech will also be offered, including HD Surround Vision, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert and a Rear Camera Mirror, among more.

Buick has yet to release photos of the 2021 Envision’s interior, but the automaker confirmed it will feature an available 10-inch infotainment screen with a built-in Amazon Alexa AI assistant and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The 10-inch infotainment screen was seen in spy shots taken last year, which showed the screen mounted slightly slanted towards the driver. The spy shots also revealed the crossover will have an analog dial set up with a white dial, white numbering, and black background, giving it a look similar to the Cadillac XT4.

The 2021 Buick Envision will also be offered in Buick’s range-topping Avenir trim level, though it did not provide any pictures of the Avenir variant. Avenir vehicles usually feature a mesh grille, larger and more ornate wheels, Avenir badging and upscale interior appointments like diamond-quilt leather seats.
2021 Buick Envision Photos
2021-buick-envision-exterior-001-front-three-quarters
2021-buick-envision-exterior-002-front-three-quarters
2021-buick-envision-exterior-003-side-profile
2021-buick-envision-exterior-004-side-profile
2021-buick-envision-exterior-005-rear-three-quarters
2021-buick-envision-exterior-006-rear-three-quarters

More details on the 2021 Buick Envision, such as pricing and fuel economy figures, will be revealed at a later date. In the meantime, you can subscribe to GM Authority for more Buick Envision news, Buick news and 24/7 GM news coverage.

Sponsored Links

• Want to see your GM ride featured on GM Authority? We welcome your submissions. See here for details.

a6f8a35db37fed35f538bd36aed38a1c

— Sam McEachern
Sam loves to write and has a passion for auto racing, karting and performance driving of all types.