BMW M140i to 2nd Gen IS350

Reactions
Hi All,

After 3 years with a BMW M140i it is time I moved on and join the Lexus club.

Being from the UK, I have imported the IS350 from Japan, needed something reliable as it was out of warranty and something well equipped.

Will be interesting to see how good the Lexus is, picking it up tomorrow!

Reactions
Hi All,

Being from the UK, I have imported the IS350 from Japan, needed something reliable as it was out of warranty and something well equipped.

Welcome to the Lexus family mate! Aw man that M140i is such a BEAST.

Hope you enjoy many happy and trouble-free miles in the IS350. It truly drives great and has a taut chassis which makes it fun to toss into corners. It won't have the sheer torque of the B58 but the progressive feel of 2GR naturally aspirated V6 is truly satisfying as it revs all the way to redline (if you do like to push it every now and then).

Have fun and also, welcome to the forums!

Reactions: RAL

Benito

Fan
Reactions
Hi All,

Congratulations on your new IS, enjoy your ride. Post some pics when you have a chance.

Reactions
Some pics, needs a serious wash and some work done to it. Literally just come from the port.

Will take better pics later on.

Any recommendations on an alternative android head unit and a flat bottom steering wheel ?

Would appreciate some general ownership advice

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG-20210727-WA0046.jpeg
    IMG-20210727-WA0046.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG-20210727-WA0042.jpeg
    IMG-20210727-WA0042.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
Reactions
That's great!! Is there anything in particular that you like about the IS350?
Well equipped especially considering the price I paid.

Thing I like

Keyless entry, folding mirrors, heated and ventilated seats, both mirrors dipping when reversing.

Daily driving there is not much difference between the 140i and 350. I believe it has a sound generator which is good, gearbox is really responsive in manual, acceleration is brutal, pulls really hard.