2021 BMW 4-Series (G22)

Motor

Expert
Reactions

9df64621-bmw-4-series-concept-2019-12.jpg

e916baff-bmw-4-series-concept-2019-24.jpg

24e346a4-bmw-4-series-concept-2019-8.jpg

0555e317-bmw-concept-4-live-13.jpg

The new 4 Series is around the corner and holy crap that grille is awful.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Man that grill is humongous but it will sell well. For every RC sold five 4 series are sold. Lexus needs to bring a convertible RC/RC F and a four door coupe as well...

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Hm. I guess I'd give this 5/10 personally. The exterior is pretty generic and the front end is a mess. There's nothing offensive about the sides or back, but nothing remarkable either. I guess they wanted to tone down everything else to make up for a polarizing front end.

The interior is nice and typical BMW parts bin.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
The more I look at this new 4er, the more I feel like BMW ran out of ways to evolve their design language and just decided to do something outrageous as a distraction.

Reactions
Hm. I guess I'd give this 5/10 personally. The exterior is pretty generic and the front end is a mess. There's nothing offensive about the sides or back, but nothing remarkable either. I guess they wanted to tone down everything else to make up for a polarizing front end.

The interior is nice and typical BMW parts bin.
Lexus: predator grill

BMW: Halte mein Bier

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
"the 4, now 4 times as ugly"

I kid.

Truth be told I assume the target buyer will eat this up and describe the snout as a modern piece of art, paying homage to the cars of yesteryear. This does ignore the fact BMW will probably leave massive incentives in the trunk to push this over the competition.

super51fan

Follower
Reactions
Styling aside, I can't believe how large the car is. It's as long as an LC and the M4 will probably be just as wide as the LC. I know the LC isn't giant or anything but this is effectively a 3 series coupe as large as a luxury GT.

Reactions
The Vader version actually looks a bit better than the regular one, but that's not a high bar.

I think the total opposite. The M4 looks horrifyingly ugly. In comparison the normal 4-Series looks a lot classier to me but it's still rather ungainly looking.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Wow next generation M4. What will Lexus do for the next gen RC F?