Best/Worst Vehicle-Brand Logos?

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Here's something that may draw some interesting responses. What are your favorite current vehicle brand-logos?...and/or among those you think are the worst?

I'll start with mine: Those I did not list are all somewhere in the middle.

BEST:

Chevrolet

cf85d7b1172282be00b3f10a4457c5b5.png

Subaru

subaru.png

Buick

Buick.png

Mercedes

tcnwknqwnxxyovvvypqf

Mack Trucks

s-l300.jpg

WORST:

Cadillac

cadillac.png

Chrysler

large_Chrysler.PNG

BMW

X1.png

Alfa Romeo

artage-io-thumb-1ab6c166556f59a71fe3aa1cf1f59de6.png

Hyundai

hyundai-min.jpg

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Best: Mercedes and Tesla (easy to identify at a glance, even for non-car people)
Worst: Subie or Buick (yawn)

Will1991

Reactions
Well, thatā€™s easy, the best one is:

Lexus-logo-A6EDA1B5EB-seeklogo.com.png

šŸ˜‡

Some others good ones:
2560px-Toyota_EU.svg.png

Aston-Martin-Logo.png

The bad ones:

png-transparent-hyundai-motor-company-logo-hyundai-starex-hyundai-entourage-hyundai-blue-white-text-thumbnail.png

(Honda logo in Italic)

Last edited:

LateToLexus

Follower
Reactions
A logo should be elegant but simple and immediately recognizable.

Top 4 Logos (doesn't mean top 4 brands) in no particular order:

Lexus
Mercedes
Audi
BMW
(Honda would by my fifth)

GMC, Ford, Kia, Hyundai are garbage.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
I don't know anyone of you here have heard of a Chinese car manufacturer called Chery, but their logo straight up looks like an off-brand version of Infiniti's logo lmao.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I don't know anyone of you here have heard of a Chinese car manufacturer called Chery, but their logo straight up looks like an off-brand version of Infiniti's logo lmao.
I present to you Wuling also known as poorman's Corvette in China. It has become such a meme that Chinese people who own Corvettes in USA often swap out their Corvette badge with this one. The Wuling Hongguang minivan is also a meme car due to its MR layout and an 'overpowered' 100hp engine (for a Kei car) making it a drift machine for ~$9000 (nowadays they even offer a sport model with 145hp 1.5L turbo).

And even more ironically, Wuling has a JV with SAIC-GM.

wl.png

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Chery_logo.png
Infiniti_logo.svg.png

Attachments

• Chery_logo.png
    Chery_logo.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 0

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
The Infiniti logo is supposed to evoke Mt. Fuji, which makes a knockoff of it from outside Japan funnier.
Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of the Fuji connection to the Infiniti logo.

If anything, one might (?) expect Subaru to use it instead of the six-star logo, since its parent corporation is Fuji Heavy Industries, same name as the mountain.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of the Fuji connection to the Infiniti logo.

If anything, one might (?) expect Subaru to use it instead of the six-star logo, since its parent corporation is Fuji Heavy Industries, same name as the mountain.
You do know that Subaru is the Japanese name for the Pleiades star cluster right? Also FHI wasn't named after Mount Fuji, your logic makes no sense.