Bertha's Big Sister Beatrice.. 2017 Lexus LX 570 Project

mikeavelli

Reactions
Recently I picked up a 2017 Lexus LX 570 from Lexus Southern as a replacement for the LS 460 F-Sport aka Big Bertha. I've named the LX "Beatrice". It has every single option. I flew up to Atlanta and drove her back down to Miami and it was fantastic, a true dream truck.

I've now taken two family trips with Beatrice, one back to Atlanta and another to Orlando both with 5 people (4 adults and Mini-Mike). The LX has performed like a dream with tons of room and some nifty features like the rear entertainment screens and a pretty large cooler replacing the center console. The only negative is to be expected, MPG around 13-16 MPG average.

A quick video below showing some of its utility. Vossen Forged Wheels are OTW and some other small mods like the Beatsonic NAV ovveride so we can watch movies up front while the car is moving as well as their iPhone mirroring system.

IMG_5029.JPG

ThePenguin

Follower
Reactions
Congratulations Mike! The LX is AWESOME - my favorite Lexus SUV to drive. Yours looks stunning finished in Atomic Silver :heart:

Can you tell Lexus Southern that I need a LC to "test" long-term? :laughing:

Reactions
Was Lexus Southern in a giving mood?
1735qm.jpg

mikeavelli

Reactions
We fled Irma being in South Florida and headed to Atlanta.. a 10-11 hour drive turned to 17..had to take some backroads including this one... the LX is absolutely magnificent and I have fallen in love with it.... the day before evacuating I installed these new Vossen Forged S17-01 wheels sized 24x10 in Nitto Tire 420s sized 285/35/24. I was a bit concerned the ride would be bad but to my surprise it is still fantastic and the vehicle feels more stable which is awesome.

LX570.JPG

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Just seeing the thread now.......sorry I didn't reply sooner. Congratulations on the new LX. :) Looks great in Atomic Silver. That's one of only two shades of gray/silver that I really like...the other, of course, being GM's Pepperdust.

Between you and your wife....you two have certainly owned and driven a good share of Lexus products over the years. Unlike my latest purchase, though, yours seems to be along the general lines of what is happening in the industry as a whole.....SUVs replacing sedans. ;)

mikeavelli

Reactions
Pic I took today...

37162667272_dd46bfce2a_b.jpg

Just seeing the thread now.......sorry I didn't reply sooner. Congratulations on the new LX. :) Looks great in Atomic Silver. That's one of only two shades of gray/silver that I really like...the other, of course, being GM's Pepperdust.

Between you and your wife....you two have certainly owned and driven a good share of Lexus products over the years. Unlike my latest purchase, though, yours seems to be along the general lines of what is happening in the industry as a whole.....SUVs replacing sedans. ;)

Not all SUVs :D

Lexus_RCF_VFS4_455336bc.jpg