Apple Car Play

Wes

Reactions
Has any owner of the 2020 Lexus RX350 had problems when using the Apple Car Play? I paired my iPhone to my RX and it caused some changing problems with the Voice Control not working. My local dealer indicates they have had some problems with iPhone, but the Android Auto works fine.

The best my dealer can determine is Apple did an update to it's phone iOS and that update might have caused the problems. I now am shopping for an Andriod to replace my iPhone. So, what model of Samsung works with the 2020 RX ?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
CarPlay is the specific thing where the phone is plugged into the car's USB and iOS graphics appear on the Lexus screen instead of the Lexus infotainment. It sounds like you're having Bluetooth (wireless connection) issues instead. My iPhone 11 Pro works perfectly in both wireless and CarPlay modes in my LS500, so there's not a fundamental iOS/Lexus incompatibility.

Wes

Reactions
Ian,
Thanks for your reply. I guess I didn't take the time to explain the whole story, so here it is.

You are correct about the CarPlay and I didn't actually access the CarPlay yet. What I did is registered and paired my Apple SE iPhone with iOS ver 13.2.3 so I could make and receive calls. I also allowed the contacts to be loaded. After that, sometimes the Voice Command would allow access to Nav and sometimes it didn't.

o, I took it to the dealer and they preformed a health check and found no code. Then they a did a diagnostic scan on the Nav system and found no codes. Next they deleted my personal data and performed a hard reset. I still have the off and on problem with Voice Command not working.

The Technology Expert found a software update and installed it, but I still have problems with Voice Command.

My dealer indicated there were others that were having problems and they seem to believe it has something to do with an Apple up date that was causing problems with the Lexus RX350 computer. They also indicated Lexus and Apple were notified about the problem. They also have not had any problems with Android phones causing 2020 problems with the computers.

Thanks again for your response,
Wes

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
If you mean the voice command that's built into the car (I'm assuming here, because as far as I'm aware Siri can't control the Lexus nav) that's been wonky on every Lexus I've ever driven and not related to whatever phone you have. It just doesn't recognize voice as reliably as Siri or Google or Alexa for whatever reason (although it often behaves for the dealer, and I know other Lexus owners that it works fine for, so it might be something about my voice).