Apple, Android, or Microsoft?

Do you prefer Apple, Android, or Microsoft tech?

• Happy with Apple.

Votes: 28 56.0%
  • Happy with Android.

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Happy with Microsoft.

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Dislike them all!

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Dislike everything, so using everything. Have to repair my N9 to port Sailfish OS, better than Windows Phone, Android and iOS. But still using old feature phone from Nokia. Have almost collector flip phone from Samsung.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I can't believe how my iPhone 8 Plus continues to deliver. I've had it for over two years now, and that's usually when I get the itch to upgrade, but there's no way getting an iPhone XS or XR will be $1k better than what I have already.

Waiting to see what the next iPhone will be, but right now very happy.

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
I've always used Android. 2 days ago I went and picked up a new Samsung Galaxy S10 plus. Still trying to learn what all needs to be adjusted and what does what. I use my phone for a secondary alarm in the morning to wake me up and I've got to try and download something that actually sounds like an alarm because the stock sounds are pathetic.

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
It's extremely easy to moan about Apple, but when you just jump head first into their eco-system, it's amazing how well it works.

Apple Music and iCloud Photos make using your Mac and iPhone amazingly convenient. People will constantly tell you how Spotify is cheaper and Google Drive gives you more storage etc but the convenience and quality of service is worth it alone.

I've had a Mac since 2009 after years of troublesome Windows machines. It didn't matter how much I looked after my Windows machines, at some point it would generate random errors upon login and strange quirks.

Initially I loathed Apple, I thought why the hell would you want an iPod that you need to use iTunes for when I can just copy mp3 files to my player in seconds. Once a friend loaned me his iPod Nano to put songs onto, I fell in love with how I could now organise all my music with album artwork rather than lifeless folders within File Explorer.

Anyway, honestly, I hate fanboyism. You see grown men losing their mind over someone buying an iPhone and not a Galaxy something or other and it's just like....who cares? Competition is healthy, choose what you like and get on with life.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
platform agnostic here. I dislike the idea that i have to stick by a company's product good or bad to function. I applaud those who can adapt to a single platform tho!

LexsCTJill

Follower
Reactions
Was originally a Google fan. Then one day the screen decided to stop working. I had a Google Nexus, and all the prices of the new ones went up. It would have waited 3 to 4 days for a new phone to come in the mail. I easily walked into the Apple store and bought an iPhone. Unlocked is the way I go

I truly do not like the MacBook Pro my other half has. My Windows seems to be far better.

Apple iPad is by far the best.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
Just switched from Android to the iPhone last week, and it's honestly not as hard to adjust to as I thought it would be. I like how optimized the software is to the actual phone. It's hard to say the same for most Android phones since the hardware and software are developed by different parties usually.

Reactions
Curious what TLE folks are using for their cellular provider. I could imagine some of you are provided the luxury of a company phone too. I had been with Sprint and Verizon, but have since moved to a MVNO provider on the VZW network and loving the savings.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I use Verizon because I get a discount through my employer (even for my personal phone), but in my experience the major providers aren't that different anymore.

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
I've used Verizon since I got my first cell phone in the late 90's. We got a discount through our company at the time but now all of my family is with Verizon so I don't see any need to change.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Curious what TLE folks are using for their cellular provider. I could imagine some of you are provided the luxury of a company phone too. I had been with Sprint and Verizon, but have since moved to a MVNO provider on the VZW network and loving the savings.

You have the marques like Tmob ATT and Verizon who get priority connection and if you live in the middle of nowhere you probably should stick with them. If you live in a metro, and rarely leave that area/travel through nowhere I would take a gander on some MVNOs. Alot of times, you can just get the same for less (even with employer discounts). And if your on Tmobile, explore the specialized programs they offer for select sectors, really good stuff.

Reactions
You have the marques like Tmob ATT and Verizon who get priority connection and if you live in the middle of nowhere you probably should stick with them. If you live in a metro, and rarely leave that area/travel through nowhere I would take a gander on some MVNOs. Alot of times, you can just get the same for less (even with employer discounts). And if your on Tmobile, explore the specialized programs they offer for select sectors, really good stuff.
So for me, I was on a Verizon family plan for around $45/month. I need my own billing for work purposes, and it was hard to get it from my brother in law. So I decided to leave. I tried Mint Mobile for 3 months that's on T-Mobile and owned partially by Ryan Reynolds, but now purchased an annual plan for an MVNO called Red Pocket Mobile, which offers services on all 4 networks, so I have 'deprioritized' Verizon service again. I'm paying way less per month now than even the family plan I was on, even if I don't have unlimited data, which honestly I don't need. Another good MVNO is Visible, owned by Verizon themselves, where you can pay as low as $25/month with unlimited everything through Party Pay.

mikeavelli

Reactions
My other iphone is acting up and I think I'm going to go back to splitting time with an iphone and Android. The new Galaxy Note 20 looks good, the Pixel 5 is coming and the Sony Experia 1 ii is almost here. The cameras seem intense.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Samsung with some good new debuts. The Fold 2 is what I really want to try out. Pricing yet to be announced.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Related to this, the recently revised Lexus app on iOS is much nicer. It no longer constantly forgets your login, it does everything the LexusDrivers.com website can do (including scheduling service), and locking/unlocking and remote-starting the car to pre-heat/pre-cool it is easier (and can be done from an Apple Watch now). Hopefully whoever's done those improvements is also working on the in-car infotainment software.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Well I picked up my first Android in years, the new Samsung Note 20 Ultra. Honestly pretty shocked how much I like it. The first two days I literally had a headache trying to figure things out (still am) but the specs, the speed, the screen, the cameras and the stylus have me hooked. The speakers are also LOUD. I love it!

Reactions
I think if your first phone was android then you will tend to use android, and if your first phone was iphone you will be used to that. It is a hassle to learn an entire new system.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Apple is like mosquitoes
All they need is money , no innovation, no anything

And with more cutting as the plug it's even more obvious

I am a happy SONY user
At least when they made mistake and cut ports they knew the mistake and correct it

Once you go Mac you never go back.
Honestly I was from the first to own every Mac one day

And I will never return to them

Just don't load too many apps on the Android, and you should be okay :). Yeah for business a reliable phone is paramount.
That's mean you never hold any SONY bro,

It's amazing reliable phone
I had a Z3 compact with Ubuntu on it and it's amazing

In USofA I have T-Mobile
In Russia, Ukraine & Egypt I have Vodafone

My other iphone is acting up and I think I'm going to go back to splitting time with an iphone and Android. The new Galaxy Note 20 looks good, the Pixel 5 is coming and the Sony Experia 1 ii is almost here. The cameras seem intense.

I got it recently and it's amazing toy

Last edited: