Akio Toyoda out........Koji Sato in.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Repost yes, probably should have been here in Toyota Planet to begin with.

Reactions

The anti-Akio agenda continues, unfortunately.

I saw this yesterday and was about to make a separate post filled with profane language against these freaks. The issue is that I would go straight to politics and go on a rampage but I just let it slide.

My blood was boiling after reading that bullshit article. They want to take everything away from us. Here's hoping BMW, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Hyundai, and Porsche (all OEMs that want to pursue options that aren't EV either) also get their act together and stand with Toyota on this issue.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I saw this yesterday and was about to make a separate post filled with profane language against these freaks. The issue is that I would go straight to politics and go on a rampage but I just let it slide.

My blood was boiling after reading that bullshit article. They want to take everything away from us. Here's hoping BMW, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Hyundai, and Porsche (all OEMs that want to pursue options that aren't EV either) also get their act together and stand with Toyota on this issue.
It's so obviously bullshit too. They don't give a **** about independence or dependence.. they just want Akio out without saying it.

Reactions
It's so obviously bullshit too. They don't give a **** about independence or dependence.. they just want Akio out without saying it.

They're just so pissy that there's someone who has the gravitas to say no to their agenda. I know a lot of people don't like Musk either but he's going down a similar route. Thankfully Toyota and the companies that Elon own are influential and powerful enough that they can't be bought by radical interest groups.

Booting the greatest CEO known to man because there aren't any "females" on the board? Or because they are being cautious with EVs? Bullshit.

This is a clear attempt at a hostile takeover.

Last edited:

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Akio Toyoda ran the company like family-owned instead of a public company. That's why he's hated by so many. The appointment of Koji Sato was an unexpected move. I followed the Toyota succession story from Japan and none of the outlets correctly predicted the new CEO. And now we know the decision was made in private between Akio Toyoda and Koji Sato last December, and Akio Toyoda stepped down at a convenient timing so the succession plan could go uninterrupted.

Sumitomo Mitsui is one of their biggest creditors and owns 33.4% of Kinto Corporation, Toyota's car subscription/rental company in Japan. So indeed SMBG is a very closely affiliated company to TMC. But then again, every large enough corporation in Japan is affiliated to another in some form or another. So the only resolution to this problem is having a foreigner on board. And now you see where this is going.

I don't understand why they again relate this to EVs. The Paris Agreement was signed by governments. Since when does it tell what individual companies should do? It would only be fair if there was another treaty banning use of conflict minerals from war zones in batteries, REE made in unregulated poisonous refineries for motors, and export of electronic/chemical waste for "recycling" to third world landfills.

mikeavelli

Reactions